• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Feds: NY man enlisted thieves, sold comic book loot on eBay

46 posts in this topic

Just 20 years?

not to minimize causing someone's death, but 20 years where the guy had a heart attack after the burglary due to stress is somewhat stiff relatively speaking. i think it would have been different had they shot him. i guess it's all felony murder, but one if a little more direct than the other.

i do not believe federal sentences have early release for parole, so that's something.

but i think a federal prison for this type of crime..he will probably be placed in a medium pretty quickly.... is a billion times nicer that what he would have gotten going to a NY state prison.

Hi

Bumping this thread/story from the past since it looks like it made to the CNBC series "American Greed" last night.

The board's own Moondog (and good guy Gary C.) was interviewed as the comic expert on appraisal!

Here is a snippet from the Gary C. part:

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000596174

On 2/28/2017 at 9:38 AM, DanCooper said:

Hi

Bumping this thread/story from the past since it looks like it made to the CNBC series "American Greed" last night.

The board's own Moondog (and good guy Gary C.) was interviewed as the comic expert on appraisal!

Here is a snippet from the Gary C. part:

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000596174

I like that show, even though it seems like 99% of the cases on there are some form of a Ponzi scheme.  Of course my stupid DVR didn't tape last night's episode, ugh!  I'll have to find it on demand.

It was sad when the producers told me about the interviews with the local cops how they really took Homer's death personally.  Really a lousy situation - roughing up an old man to steal his collection...