• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Feds: NY man enlisted thieves, sold comic book loot on eBay

46 posts in this topic

Are you serious?! He appears to have sold everything despite the warning posted in that thread! Shocking proof of the soulless addicted comic collector.

I am completely dumbfounded. I can only manage two words:

cool books

what is the board connection? the names seem different or am i confused?

or are you saying comics seem to get stolen in rochester?

Are you serious?! He appears to have sold everything despite the warning posted in that thread! Shocking proof of the soulless addicted comic collector.

I am completely dumbfounded. I can only manage two words:

cool books

what is the board connection? the names seem different or am i confused?

or are you saying comics seem to get stolen in rochester?

The OP of the sales thread that Filter related the story of the stolen comics in is the brother of the guy who stole them from Filter.

Justice done. Unfortunate someone had to lose their life over books. Pretty stupid and I hope they keep these guys alive in prison long enough to really understand just how much their life sucks and is going to suck for 20 years.

Justice done. Unfortunate someone had to lose their life over books. Pretty stupid and I hope they keep these guys alive in prison long enough to really understand just how much their life sucks and is going to suck for 20 years.

I think I'm ok if they don't stay alive for the full 20. Save the taxpayers a buck or two. I don't care if they understand. I hope the NEXT guy understands, so he won't commit the crime.

What a scumbag. Breaking into someone's house and roughing them up so badly they suffer a heart attack from the stress that they were caused?

I hope something happens to this guy.

I think I'm ok if they don't stay alive for the full 20. Save the taxpayers a buck or two. I don't care if they understand. I hope the NEXT guy understands, so he won't commit the crime.

I'm with you on this sentiment. Doubt the next guy will get it though. I vote for a return to hammurabi's code. Pisses me off these thugs will get 3 squares a day on our dime while there are folks down on their luck that do not commit crimes lucky to get 1 meal a day.

What a scumbag, hope he gets bent over a LOT in prison.

But holy ...I had never heard of any of this and somehow missed all the previous threads. I just read through all this tonight, and when I saw that he had sold on eBay I searched for his name in my email records and found that I bought some books from him in June of 2010, a few months before the crime occurred! They were vastly overgraded and I returned them for a refund, but I wonder who he had stolen them from? :o

What a scumbag, hope he gets bent over a LOT in prison.

Someone who has friends on the inside should start a rumor that the comics were stolen from a kid...guaranteed he will be bent over like crazy!

So Rico Vendetti was Frank Palma or his brother Greg? (shrug)

Are assumptions correct here?

From what I remember (and correct me if I'm wrong), Greg was involved with Rico. Greg was Frank's (the board member seller's) brother.

A few people in the Rochester area (including at least one boardie) allegedly had some books stolen by Greg.