• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Its possible to sometimes MISS a HUGE deal on ebay.

34 posts in this topic

I've tracked some of this sellers recent auctions, and I wouldnt exactly call this guy legit. A quick glance through his recent eBay purchases reveals several old reprint baseball card purchases.

Take a look at his recent sales, they are the same cards except they are being sold as authentic.

Reprint purchase eBay # 350409441653...$1.04

Recent sale on eBay # 250724041997....$209.38

Nice catch. He also sold a Michael Jordan jersey for 3 bucks, but charged $640 shipping. He won't be around for much longer.

MJ jersey

Hopefully the same can be said for our shilltastic OP. (thumbs u

Read my post above..the image is lifted from a very recent Clink sale...he did not have that book to sell IMHO...

I would think this is a scam. His feedback comes from buying and then all of a sudden he has a bunch of high end items to sell. He might have had one legit feedback from selling just to show that he has some kind of selling rep. I don't know how he got away with selling the jersey and charging the high shipping charges. I tried to do something simialr when i had a gaming set for sale and the bidder missed it so I set it up as a BIN with 5 dollars and 150 shipping. Ebay caught it within 1 minute and cancelled it because they weren't getting their cut.

Go to the auction for the jersey and "report listing"..the link is right below his info on the right of the page....click the steps to report "escessive shipping"..then circumvent ebay fees...if enough people report it,ebay will look into it.

I've tracked some of this sellers recent auctions, and I wouldnt exactly call this guy legit. A quick glance through his recent eBay purchases reveals several old reprint baseball card purchases.

Take a look at his recent sales, they are the same cards except they are being sold as authentic.

Nice catch. He also sold a Michael Jordan jersey for 3 bucks, but charged $640 shipping. He won't be around for much longer.

MJ jersey

I called this out long ago as the date of this post was dreadfully close to who's entry to the forum? ...... ???

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

#4288282- 09/26/1010:17 PM royig banned

Architecht

Able to change custom titles on a whim. Now. Who's jealous? Yeah, that's right.

Pedigreed

Loc: Chicago area

along with Punkkitty and bamaboy.Shills for bucone/alleybat._________________________

WOW!!!! The same day????lol lol

I didn't realize it was so close.... damn

MJ jersey

I called this out long ago as the date of this post was dreadfully close to who's entry to the forum? ...... ???

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Architecht

Pedigreed

along with Punkkitty and bamaboy.Shills for bucone/alleybat._________________________

Not him.

This one is Goonchild/Freddie/Jasmine/The Creep/Hill Billy/Alex DeLarge/EC7XCollection (thumbs u

MJ jersey

Architecht

Pedigreed

Not him.

This one is Goonchild/Freddie/Jasmine/The Creep/Hill Billy/Alex DeLarge/EC7XCollection (thumbs u

Who can keep count my good man??

lol

thanks...so there was never a chance to steal this book for $800.

there was, because i was watching it at one point. i intended to bid but was called away on business and forgot about it.

as far as i am aware, it ran its 3 day course.

you win some, you lose some, you miss some.

there was a bid, the seller canceled the bids and ended the auction early...it did NOT run the course and there was NO missed chance to get for 799...

did not know that.

thanks for the clarification.

the whole point would appear to be moot now.

actually makes me feel better about not missing out on it now though.

i gather you were interested in it as well?

Alan (Whitey52),

Please respond to my PM. It's the flashing letter next to "My Stuff" above - I'd appreciate it if you would follow through with our deal that you agreed to on 10/30.

Thanks,

--David

I was negotiating with the guy and I'm not sure he was legit. He wouldn't answer my questions regarding the book very clearly and I believe it may have been "too good to be true".