• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else...

67 posts in this topic

I just put in a bid. (shrug)

It was down for a good 30 minutes.

That sucks. :(

Something like this is one reason I don't make my only bid a snipe at the very end, because doing so assumes that everything will work perfectly at the critical moment. I will put in a semi-realistic bid well before auction end, just in case something like this should happen, and then if it's a book I really want, put in my real bid at the end (although not the very very end, because again I would hate to lose something I really wanted just because of some last second technical snafu).

My ASM 25 CGC 9.4 WP ended during the outage. :tonofbricks:

You got screwed over far worse than I did. Last sale was for $4000 and your white pager went for less than half that. :censored:

Although I did not expect it to reach the last sale amount, I expected something closer to $3K or so.

You got screwed over far worse than I did. Last sale was for $4000 and your white pager went for less than half that. :censored:

Although I did not expect it to reach the last sale amount, I expected something closer to $3K or so.

If you get a chance, give them a call? I am sure if enough people complain they will do at least something about it.

The site was down roughly from when ASM 10 or thereabouts ended to about ASM 33 or 34. I was interested in the ASM 31, but couldn't bid on it. It went for $1900 (GPA average is $3100).

I would imagine that ComicLink will withdraw the items and ask if you can consign them for the next auction, or if possible restart them from the bids reached and place them at the end of the auction (with announcements regarding this situation, obviously).

I doubt that the latter option will be doable though....

Based on my review, the last confirmed snipe was for the ASM 18 CGC 9.6 and the first confirmed one after the outage was for the ASM 38 CGC 9.4.

I based it on any bids within the last minute of ending. Whether the outage affected the ones that came back online afterwards because some gave up is up to speculation.

I couldn't get on for a good 5 minutes...I don't see how region would affect clink's servers

Well, I was browsing the whole time and I never got the message, so I don't know...might be some ISPs were blocked.

I know AOL has regional outages all the time.

I couldn't get on for a good 5 minutes...I don't see how region would affect clink's servers

Well, I was browsing the whole time and I never got the message, so I don't know...might be some ISPs were blocked.

aol has regional servers... clink, to the best of my knowledge, only has the one server, and based on the locations of folks that have posted, my guess is it was on clinks end...maybe you took a five minute break :baiting:

Maybe you didn't refresh during that time and didn't notice a difference.

xoxo

greggy

Based on my review, the last confirmed snipe was for the ASM 18 CGC 9.6 and the first confirmed one after the outage was for the ASM 38 CGC 9.4.

I based it on any bids within the last minute of ending. Whether the outage affected the ones that came back online afterwards because some gave up is up to speculation.

How about the later Spideys? Some of those sold for GPA lows too. Its going to be hard to pinpoint anything, and believe you me, some of the winning bidders are going to be ticked too. This should be fun.

That sucks, guys. I wish there was something they could do to ease the pain.

Don't they have insurance for something like this? Seems strange that they wouldn't since it's their livelihood.

xoxo

greggy

Maybe, but I put a bid in :shrug: ? but not on ASM's.

xoxo

greggy

Maybe you should just kick me in the nuts.

xoxo

greggy

She'd have to get in line. :makepoint:

xoxo

greggy

I will if she won't (thumbs u

xoxo

greggy

It would be tough, you are too tall...besides, I like you.

What is this fascination you have with nuts?

I was looking at my list of bids, and I put a bid in...it's possible I was looking at what was in my cache for 5 minutes, I'll give you that, but not 30.