• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Signature Series Tale of Woe

126 posts in this topic

So is pot and alcohol. :gossip:
How would you know, goody two-shoes?

Don't drink don't smoke - what do you do?

Don't drink don't smoke - what do you do?

Subtle innuendos follow.

There must be something inside.

Not his finest hour but I did have this as a picture disc single.

Wonder if you could slab those? lol

I left three books with DWC in late September for them to get signed. Have not heard a word from them since. Is this normal procedure for them? Nothing HG, but it did include an Avengers 1 and an Avengers 4.

How would one go about checking if CGC has a book when you don't have an invoice number?

You will need to contact DWC for the info but you will likely need to email them at least 3 or 4 times before getting any sort of response and then good luck getting the invoice number even when they do respond...

At least the OP got his SIG's for the book and it's at CGC. I got 2 books with a combine value of $1,600 still unsigned, because there was a mishap with DWC & the artist. Books were supposed to be signed in April and still nothing has happened. I'd PM'd and only got a "we're working on it" response.

I left three books with DWC in late September for them to get signed. Have not heard a word from them since. Is this normal procedure for them? Nothing HG, but it did include an Avengers 1 and an Avengers 4.

How would one go about checking if CGC has a book when you don't have an invoice number?

Maybe it might help a little if you call CGC and let them know what your waiting on and who the facilitator is. I am going to call myself on Monday and try to get in touch with the CGC SS Director to find out what has been going on and if they received the several requests that DWC said they made to release my book..

Desert Wind Comics has given the distinct impression to me that CGC has been dropping the ball over and over again lately. Apparently CGC doesn't respond to emails, they do not follow through on repeated requests, they take books that should be graded across the country to different shows for no reason and they can't really provide any info regarding signature series submissions when the CGC SS Director is at a show...Which is ridiculous because as I told Chandler, The SS Director should not need to be in the office to check the status of a SS submission. I made 10 SS submissions at SDCC and every time I called customer service I got up to date info from the first person on the phone...

What's weird though is that I made a submission through NY Comics a couple months ago and everything went smooth, as far as I am aware, he never had any issues like DWC is having with CGC so maybe CGC just has it out for DWC :slapfight:

yet people are jumping all over his new opportunity.

Yeah... kinda torn myself. How difficult is a McFarlane (witnessed) signature to get?? I just hate to miss the chance...

Ah, the "Better the Devil You Know" excuse. That's a good one.

Maybe it might help a little if you call CGC and let them know what your waiting on and who the facilitator is. I am going to call myself on Monday and try to get in touch with the CGC SS Director to find out what has been going on and if they received the several requests that DWC said they made to release my book..

Desert Wind Comics has given the distinct impression to me that CGC has been dropping the ball over and over again lately. Apparently CGC doesn't respond to emails, they do not follow through on repeated requests, they take books that should be graded across the country to different shows for no reason and they can't really provide any info regarding signature series submissions when the CGC SS Director is at a show...Which is ridiculous because as I told Chandler, The SS Director should not need to be in the office to check the status of a SS submission. I made 10 SS submissions at SDCC and every time I called customer service I got up to date info from the first person on the phone...

Can I call the CGC SS Director and complain about the lack of effort on the part of the facilitator? My check was cashed way back in March and I still don't have my books. And I still don't know if these books will ever get signed.

Can I call the CGC SS Director and complain about the lack of effort on the part of the facilitator? My check was cashed way back in March and I still don't have my books. And I still don't know if these books will get signed.

I would think that is totally within your rights, you can definitely call and also get the email address of both the Sig Series Director and the President of CGC. I know CGC does have that info readily available for their customers and they are usually very helpful and more than willing to give out the contact info when requested...

I will be making the same call myself this week.

Can I call the CGC SS Director and complain about the lack of effort on the part of the facilitator? My check was cashed way back in March and I still don't have my books. And I still don't know if these books will get signed.

I would think that is totally within your rights, you can definitely call and also get the email address of both the Sig Series Director and the President of CGC. I know CGC does have that info readily available for their customers and they are usually very helpful and more than willing to give out the contact info when requested...

I will be making the same call myself this week.

Thanks, I'm gonna call next week.

Everyone take a deep breath. Contact the facilitator you sent your money too. Why is everyone jumping all over CGC? If you got the book done through them, then yes, but it sounds like most of you used a facilitator. You paid this facilitator extra to handle everything for you. Hold them to it.

I'm guessing Joe wont be in on Monday as he was in Virginia this weekend. With the holiday, I wouldn't be surprised if he got a couple days off.

I bet it's your indirect endorsement:

what is your problem lately?

I didn't realize I had a problem. It was a joke. I apologize for it not being funny. Of course given recent events, I should have expected as much. I'll cross Jespersen off the list as well. (thumbs u

I didn't realize I had a problem. It was a joke. I apologize for it not being funny. Of course given recent events, I should have expected as much. I'll cross Jespersen off the list as well. (thumbs u

What if I don't want to be off the list...Christmas is coming *unless you already bought me something, then I understand crossing me off the list...

:whee:

Everyone take a deep breath. Contact the facilitator you sent your money too. Why is everyone jumping all over CGC? If you got the book done through them, then yes, but it sounds like most of you used a facilitator. You paid this facilitator extra to handle everything for you. Hold them to it.

I'm guessing Joe wont be in on Monday as he was in Virginia this weekend. With the holiday, I wouldn't be surprised if he got a couple days off.

+1

This ain't a CGC problem - it's a facilitator problem; they're the ones you hired to handle your book for you, they're the only ones that can get your books back to you. It sucks, but that's how it is.

How the does CGC allow these guys to still be witnesses. Im sorry but if this person is sponsored, and loosely considered an employee of CGC. CGC is responsible to some extent I would think (I have been wrong before). But this is one of those things that can REALLY blow up in your face. By my tally of the books in (limbo) we are talking (roughly) $4-6K in books, and add on to that whatever funds they collected for signatures and grading/shipping.

(shrug)