• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Be careful when buying from Quality Comix?????

451 posts in this topic

The thing i'm not fond of with some sites (including Brent's) is that the consigners have to send the book to them after the book sells

I've never cosigned to Brent, but I know CLink and Heritage make you send in the book before the auction so they can scan it and write up the description (and have it in hand).

I could certainly be wrong. I know Pedigree doesn't always have the comics and has to wait for them to be sent in to be shipped out...I believe Quality Comix is the same way.

hm

Not the best policy if that's the case

Say what you want about Pedigree but if Doug does anything well, it is ship books quickly. Brent seems to have been having a lot of trouble with promptness since at least his last big auction.

The thing i'm not fond of with some sites (including Brent's) is that the consigners have to send the book to them after the book sells

I've never cosigned to Brent, but I know CLink and Heritage make you send in the book before the auction so they can scan it and write up the description (and have it in hand).

I could certainly be wrong. I know Pedigree doesn't always have the comics and has to wait for them to be sent in to be shipped out...I believe Quality Comix is the same way.

hm

Not the best policy if that's the case

Say what you want about Pedigree but if Doug does anything well, it is ship books quickly. Brent seems to have been having a lot of trouble with promptness since at least his last big auction.

I seem to remember people bringing that up, now that you mention it

The thing i'm not fond of with some sites (including Brent's) is that the consigners have to send the book to them after the book sells... so there is the time to wait for the store to receive the comic from the consigner and then from the store to you. Sometimes that can take a while. :cry:

Is that normal auction behavior to sell a book you don't have in hand and hope the cosigner is happy with the hammer price and sends the book in?

Seems odd to me, I'd avoid any auctions like that.