• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spidermans 5 -38 all Qualified CLOSED

46 posts in this topic

what are the qualifications...are they all missing non story pages, or what?

All are missing a non-story ad page; a couple that are noted are missing 2 non-story ad pages etc.

what are the qualifications...are they all missing non story pages, or what?

you should learn to read the whole thread beginning with the first post... :makepoint:

Collin, schooled by a newbie... :roflmao:

Anyone interested in this stuff or am I wasting my time? (shrug)

Since you asked...I believe your pricing is a bit high for these qualified ASM.

I'd expect some serious cuts in guide pricing (more than you already have) due to being basically fair books.

I'm not trying to derail your thread but you did ask.

Good luck with the sale

These are great looking reading copies but as someone else mentioned, you'll still need to price them accordingly (FMV for 1.0 copies) if you want them to move quickly. Otherwise, I'd just suggest being patient while waiting for someone to pay a premium on technical 1.0s.

Boyd's use of the "Qualified" designation is totally appropriate, given that the overwhelming majority of books missing a non-story page receive green labels from CGC. However, regardless of the color of the slab's label, these books are incomplete. Wouldn't the equivalent blue label grade be Poor (CGC 0.5) rather than Fair (CGC 1.0)?

th_Page-Missing-05B.jpg th_Page-Missing-05B-c2.jpg (shrug)

Thanks for the feedback guys but my question was actually of interest not pricing. I think I have them priced about right. Just because they don't sell here doesn't mean they are priced too high.They are all priced at about 60% below guide and all are below the good price which I believe to be fair considering what Qualified Green label copies have sold for in the past. These would all receive a Green Label if slabbed. Granted they are not slabbed but are generally solid looking copies and someone is always able to make me an offer.

Boyd's use of the "Qualified" designation is totally appropriate, given that the overwhelming majority of books missing a non-story page receive green labels from CGC. However, regardless of the color of the slab's label, these books are incomplete. Wouldn't the equivalent blue label grade be Poor (CGC 0.5) rather than Fair (CGC 1.0)?

th_Page-Missing-05B.jpg th_Page-Missing-05B-c2.jpg (shrug)

According to OSPG....FAIR can be missing chunks and a centerfold if readability is preserved (probably meaning non story affecting). Coupons can be cut also

0.5 - multiple pages including the centerfold can be missing that can affect readability.

So, CGC standards may be a bit more strict when it comes to comics missing pages.

What is also interesting about the scans you provided...why didn't they get qualified labels? Instead they have blue labels with the 0.5 grade. Interesting...

To the OP...I would be interested if your pricing was more in line with a Fair or Poor price. Plus, you can't base your prices based on slabbed books. My 2c

Again, wish you luck.

Thanks for the feedback guys but my question was actually of interest not pricing. I think I have them priced about right. Just because they don't sell here doesn't mean they are priced too high.They are all priced at about 60% below guide and all are below the good price which I believe to be fair considering what Qualified Green label copies have sold for in the past. These would all receive a Green Label if slabbed. Granted they are not slabbed but are generally solid looking copies and someone is always able to make me an offer.

While I don't disagree that you could realize stronger prices elsewhere, most buyers here aren't usually going to pay prices on books that are priced out of alignment with their technical grade particularly in raw, low grade.

I'm definitely not trying to threadpoop here as I do think those are some great reader copies for budget-minded collectors. I just think if you're looking to realize more on these, you might have more luck on eBay where buyers typically aren't as picky about grades.

That ASM 6 is going to be a hot book either way over time...I've sold a few books missing non story pages (ASM 21 as an example) and I think I gave it away for $20. I actually should have kept it for that price as it was sweet.

If someone needs a book for reading an original or marriage, they're perfect candidates.

Pricing is subjective.

To the OP...I would be interested if your pricing was more in line with a Fair or Poor price. Plus, you can't base your prices based on slabbed books. My 2c

Sure you can. I used them as a reference point not a starting point. I never said they were priced the same as the CGC Qualified grade on GPA, I said I thought my prices were fair considering what Qualified grades have sold for in the past.

I'm pretty sure I can spend $20 each and have some graded and more than make up for my slabbing fees when I sell them.

Bad form all around criticizing prices. Or even commenting for that matter. It's not like he asked for input.

It's cool. I don't think anyone was being malicious or even being an arss. I think everyone was just trying to help. I just don't happen to agree with the assessments.

Thanks for the support!

I think it was here that he asked for input. A number of sellers have made similar comment when there have not been sales and seem to be soliciting advise on moving their books. Or at least that is how I read it :shrug: Anyway, I get the impression that prices are not flexible to the point that I would be able to strike a deal at the moment. However, if you go the CGC route and get green labels keep me in mind (9, 11, and 12) and perhaps something can be worked out in the future :juggle:

I'm really confused. When I asked if anyone was "interested in this stuff" how can anyone misconstru that to mean prices? It obviously means Qualified books since that is in the subject of the thread.

Also, what did I ever say ANYWHERE that says prices are not flexable? I said I thought my prices were fair. The only offer I have had was for 60% less than what I'm asking. 60%! Really? I offered 30% off of my prices to them, if thats not flexibility I don't know what is.

Before I was trying to take the high road. Not any more.

I think it was here that he asked for input. A number of sellers have made similar comment when there have not been sales and seem to be soliciting advise on moving their books. Or at least that is how I read it :shrug: Anyway, I get the impression that prices are not flexible to the point that I would be able to strike a deal at the moment. However, if you go the CGC route and get green labels keep me in mind (9, 11, and 12) and perhaps something can be worked out in the future :juggle:

I'm really confused. When I asked if anyone was "interested in this stuff" how can anyone misconstru that to mean prices? It obviously means Qualified books since that is in the subject of the thread.

Also, what did I ever say ANYWHERE that says prices are not flexable? I said I thought my prices were fair. The only offer I have had was for 60% less than what I'm asking. 60%! Really? I offered 30% off of my prices to them, if thats not flexibility I don't know what is.

High road? So will you be taking the low road now?

Oh! ye'll take the high road and

I'll take the low road,

And I'll be in Scotland afore ye :golfclap:

Bad form all around criticizing prices. Or even commenting for that matter. It's not like he asked for input.

It's cool. I don't think anyone was being malicious or even being an arss. I think everyone was just trying to help. I just don't happen to agree with the assessments.

Thanks for the support!

Ed, there was a question about interest so I think at least a few of us who commented where simply responding politely as a means of helping (per bcc's understanding and my own intention). I've since moved to PM with him but I think in fairness, we should keep further postings in his thread to business-related posts.

:foryou:

I'll take the low road,

You know...it's this kind of comment that makes people not want to even come on these boards.

Your comment shows you are already on the low road and since I stated I'm not taking the high road anymore I'll join you there. Why don't you keep your comments to yourself and stay the out of my thread.

I'll take the low road,

You know...it's this kind of comment that makes people not want to even come on these boards.

Your comment shows you are already on the low road and since I stated I'm not taking the high road anymore I'll join you there. Why don't you keep your comments to yourself and stay the out of my thread.

Really? I thought people liked Scottish singalongs?