• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I went to my first comic convention yesterday and got this...

23 posts in this topic

Okay, so I got back from Thought Bubble late last night...

I was forth from the front of the Barry Kitson queue at 10.30, and at 4.00, my piece was finally complete, it was a lot of queueing and waiting, but I had a chair, which Kitson kindly gave to us, so it wasn't as bad as it sounds.

Anyways, I heard people talking around here on the boards previously about how nice Barry Kitson is, and how nice a job he does, and crazy enough, I heard he was free, and was a bit confused by that, but when I asked him about it, he said something along the lines of "If you're a big enough fan of mine to queue up and wait for me to produce nice full piece for each of you, then you deserve to have it for free", he was saying how he was just trying to do what he wishes other artists did for him when he was younger. I thought that was really sweet and honorable. His only agreement was that he has to put your name (i.e To Lloyd) on the piece to avoid it being sold, which is understandable.

So here are some pictures of my piece being created...

Kiston1.jpg

Kitson2.jpg

Kitson.jpg

This crappy scan doesn't do it justice at all, it's WAY nicer in person.

and...

KitsonandI.jpg

WALLAH! lol... I look odd in this picture, but never mind :P

I figured it was thread worthy.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Yep, he had some really cool art for sale with him, but it wasn't cheap, but it was well worth what he asked for it.

Thanks for all the nice comments :)

That's really awesome Lloyd! I've paid well over $100 for sketches that don't hold a candle to that one.

Ditto, that is awesome, did he have any art for sale with him? Just curious.