• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pretty sure this was Not the type of publicity the WB wanted for Green Lantern.

122 posts in this topic

Maybe they will have a short "history of GL" to start the movie to let people know there are more than one GL?

Let`s face it, the Green Lantern corps is what these movies will eventually be about.the first one will focus on Hal and the next ones will focus on Sinestro and the Green Lantern Corps. 2c

Next ones :roflmao:

They are planning at least three, they are banking on this as a huge franchise like Harry Potter or Batman. They even got a Green Lantern cartoon to debut in 2011 on the Cartoon Network. Make no mistake this is not a Jonah Hex one and done after thought. Warner has put a lot of money into Green Lantern, if this and the new Superman movie fails, Warner will move on to something else then superhero movies. With Green Lantern movie, the stakes are very high.

my thoughts personally about this is it will gross at least 200 million worldwide and there will be at least one sequel. 2c

Hopefully WB is noticing all the negative comments and will do something to fix the movie. I thought I read for Hex the brought on another director to help the original guy as he was doing such a bad job. Maybe they will do something like that again.

This trailer doesn't reveal any major plot points. What exactly are you seeing that you dislike so much?

A trailer is supposed to highlight a movie, make me want to see it, maybe even wow me. I will point out some of the things that don't wow me from this trailer. Here is the trailer I am referring to for time points.

http://filmonic.com/green-lantern-movie-trailer

124-127 and 224 - His Aura looks pretty crappy, hopefully they will update it before the movie comes out.

220 - The costume doesn't look good. Maybe it's the mask, I think it might be to shiny. I am not artistic, but after seeing what they did with Ironman they gotta be able to do better than that for GL.

155-156 - GL looks like a guy swinging on wires as he takes the guy out. Sure maybe out of context as this is only part of the trailer, but like I posted above, you are supposed to wow me. If it looks bad out of context then why is it in the trailer?

201-203 - The exploding sign falling down followed by the helicopter, this looks like a bad Smallville scene. This is what I am getting when I see a movie that is supposed to have a budget of $150 million.

Now the trailer was not all bad, some of the scenes and effects looked very good. Maybe whoever made the trailer did a bad job and this won't reflect the movie. What WB has given us to preview so far is subpar when I am sure with a $150 million dollar budget they are hoping for an Ironman type hit.

This is pretty interesting. Both sides are right in the sense that people can only know what they are exposed to but it is also typical of the "knee jerk reaction" generation to try to be the first to spout something on twitter before anyone else has a chance.

This is probably a screw up on DC's part. Someone up there, somewhere in an upper corporate office should have caught on with the disconnect and pre-empted it...posibly by doing something as simple as having Hal Jordan appear on the cartoon several times. It's what the higher ups are payed to do....to manage the entire company.

Ah well, wonder how they will spin it?

Hal did appear in the Justice League cartoon, but only for about 5 seconds.

(thumbs u

Guess they could have given him a bit more air time.

This is pretty interesting. Both sides are right in the sense that people can only know what they are exposed to but it is also typical of the "knee jerk reaction" generation to try to be the first to spout something on twitter before anyone else has a chance.

This is probably a screw up on DC's part. Someone up there, somewhere in an upper corporate office should have caught on with the disconnect and pre-empted it...posibly by doing something as simple as having Hal Jordan appear on the cartoon several times. It's what the higher ups are payed to do....to manage the entire company.

(thumbs u

That would be Aquaman.

I seem to remember someone posting several months ago that the younger generation all thinks of John Stewart as GL. Psychic Friends Network? hm

Hey, I dedicated a post to you over in the " What Happens" thread. You slippin!

DR.X

(thumbs u

Kyle Raynor appeared briefly, but I don't remember Hal Jordan making an appearance.

Edit: Nevermind, I looked it up and he did appear in episode, but for the life of me I can't remember it even though I know saw it.

(thumbs u

Kyle Raynor appeared briefly, but I don't remember Hal Jordan making an appearance.

Edit: Nevermind, I looked it up and he did appear in episode, but for the life of me I can't remember it even though I know saw it.

It was the episode where Batman, Wonder woman and GL went chasing after a guy who invented a time machine to steal collectables from the past and future. They end up going into the future to the time of batman beyond and there is a reality shift and the john stewart GL turns into the hal jordan GL for a few scenes before turning back. It was a 2 part episode. One of my favorites

hm Hiyo!

Read the internet-article and whats posted in the thread... completely hilarious!

Though, post in the thread made me laugh more then the posted responses in the site's article... you do know the person at the helm of movies regarding DC/Warner is the woman who handle the over-budgetted Harry Potter-movies, you thought reformation/consolidation with a new company title, DC Entertainment, would breed less issues; :roflmao:

It is completely hilarious how DC Comics used to be able to pick and choose to join-in to the representation of their characters in the movies by Warner Bros., but now will forever be tied to Warners' movie success and failures, because of Warner Bros. taking more active/personal helm on DC Comics stating... "they only wish to avoid the issues that plague The Watchmen from reaching its full potential."

Plus, it is not Warner/DC fault that they thought the release/high-promotion of an animated-movie of Green Lantern featuring Hal Jordan-character did not get the public to familiarize/erase the memories of John Stewart as Green Lantern portrayed in the cartoons that many did watch and enjoyed.

Plus, it is definitely not the fault of public who responded to the trailer of the upcoming Green Lantern-movie as... "Hal Jordan!? The guy from Van Wilder movies!!? John Stewart is Green Lantern and he is Black!"

Plus, love the comments/arguments that those that posted and many others should have/should researched the DC Comics-history on Green Lantern-character to make sure they knew the current-continuity and past-continuity before making their remarks on the trailer with blog-sites and Twitter, because we know how everyone meh does that prior to any release of a new Warner/DC or any comic-adaptation movie.

P.S.

Just one more comic-adaptation movie I will not see unless directed by Zach Synder... :sumo:

hm Hiyo!

Read the internet-article and whats posted in the thread... completely hilarious!

Though, post in the thread made me laugh more then the posted responses in the site's article... you do know the person at the helm of movies regarding DC/Warner is the woman who handle the over-budgetted Harry Potter-movies, you thought reformation/consolidation with a new company title, DC Entertainment, would breed less issues; :roflmao:

It is completely hilarious how DC Comics used to be able to pick and choose to join-in to the representation of their characters in the movies by Warner Bros., but now will forever be tied to Warners' movie success and failures, because of Warner Bros. taking more active/personal helm on DC Comics stating... "they only wish to avoid the issues that plague The Watchmen from reaching its full potential."

Plus, it is not Warner/DC fault that they thought the release/high-promotion of an animated-movie of Green Lantern featuring Hal Jordan-character did not get the public to familiarize/erase the memories of John Stewart as Green Lantern portrayed in the cartoons that many did watch and enjoyed.

Plus, it is definitely not the fault of public who responded to the trailer of the upcoming Green Lantern-movie as... "Hal Jordan!? The guy from Van Wilder movies!!? John Stewart is Green Lantern and he is Black!"

Plus, love the comments/arguments that those that posted and many others should have/should researched the DC Comics-history on Green Lantern-character to make sure they knew the current-continuity and past-continuity before making their remarks on the trailer with blog-sites and Twitter, because we know how everyone meh does that prior to any release of a new Warner/DC or any comic-adaptation movie.

P.S.

Just one more comic-adaptation movie I will not see unless directed by Zach Synder... :sumo:

Snyder has had his moment. A total journeyman.

hm Hiyo!

P.S.

My head hurts.

hm Hiyo!

P.S.

Reading this post made Wolverine's head hurt :ohnoez:

Maybe they will have a short "history of GL" to start the movie to let people know there are more than one GL?

Let`s face it, the Green Lantern corps is what these movies will eventually be about.the first one will focus on Hal and the next ones will focus on Sinestro and the Green Lantern Corps. 2c

Next ones :roflmao:

They are planning at least three, they are banking on this as a huge franchise like Harry Potter or Batman. They even got a Green Lantern cartoon to debut in 2011 on the Cartoon Network. Make no mistake this is not a Jonah Hex one and done after thought. Warner has put a lot of money into Green Lantern, if this and the new Superman movie fails, Warner will move on to something else then superhero movies. With Green Lantern movie, the stakes are very high.

my thoughts personally about this is it will gross at least 200 million worldwide and there will be at least one sequel. 2c

Hopefully WB is noticing all the negative comments and will do something to fix the movie. I thought I read for Hex the brought on another director to help the original guy as he was doing such a bad job. Maybe they will do something like that again.

This trailer doesn't reveal any major plot points. What exactly are you seeing that you dislike so much?

A trailer is supposed to highlight a movie, make me want to see it, maybe even wow me. I will point out some of the things that don't wow me from this trailer. Here is the trailer I am referring to for time points.

http://filmonic.com/green-lantern-movie-trailer

124-127 and 224 - His Aura looks pretty crappy, hopefully they will update it before the movie comes out.

220 - The costume doesn't look good. Maybe it's the mask, I think it might be to shiny. I am not artistic, but after seeing what they did with Ironman they gotta be able to do better than that for GL.

155-156 - GL looks like a guy swinging on wires as he takes the guy out. Sure maybe out of context as this is only part of the trailer, but like I posted above, you are supposed to wow me. If it looks bad out of context then why is it in the trailer?

201-203 - The exploding sign falling down followed by the helicopter, this looks like a bad Smallville scene. This is what I am getting when I see a movie that is supposed to have a budget of $150 million.

Now the trailer was not all bad, some of the scenes and effects looked very good. Maybe whoever made the trailer did a bad job and this won't reflect the movie. What WB has given us to preview so far is subpar when I am sure with a $150 million dollar budget they are hoping for an Ironman type hit.

My guess is that right now the scenes they could release are limited due to the CGI work not being finished. It is going to take some more time (and $$$) before that is all done.

While it was not a terrible trailer, it was not a great one either so WB definitely screwed up with that aspect of the marketing campaign. They really need to hit a home run with the next one they release in order to get people interested. I still think this movie will be a good one, but they need to ramp up the marketing efforts quite a bit to generate a buzz.

I never understood how people can tell the difference between a bad movie and good movie within 10-min of sitting and watching it, but the people that makes these movies have no clue they’re making garbage.

As far as the actor being black, white or green I’m sure the topic came up when casting. The end result of who is playing the character to me is not relevant. As long as the acting is good they could put a pygmy with a ring on and I’ll be happy.

Let's see how good the movie is when it comes out.