• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AL WILLIAMSON complete EC STORY... CHAMPION from VALOR

9 posts in this topic

complete 7 page story by Al Williamson.

this is one of the great EC stories and has always been in my opinion the best Williamson EC story from a non-SF book. It is I think the only EC story that is 100% Williamson art with no assists from Krenkel, Torres or Frazetta and shows his art at a peak for the time period.

I bought this story from the Cochran EC auctions back about 1989 or 90, and so it has never been owned by anyone else other than Bill Gaines

I have all 7 pages here for you to look at

price is $20,000

Considering the prices that the Flash Gordon pages sold for at Heritage this week, this is like charging you for the splash & giving you 6 more pages free..!!

I will not break the story under any circumstances.

serious inquiries please email me sales@comic-art.com

williamson_champion_001.jpg

williamson_champion_002.jpg

williamson_champion_003.jpg

williamson_champion_004.jpg

williamson_champion_005.jpg

williamson_champion_006.jpg

williamson_champion_007.jpg

complete 7 page story by Al Williamson.

Great googily moogily!! :o

By the way, EC stories with all that text remind me of an issue of Byrne's FF from the 80's. The amount of talking is staggering. lol

it's a common technique used by many artists

the blue does not come out in the stat but it makes that part of the art come out with a slightly greater contrast, making the black line sharper

you'll see it on lots of art by Caniff from 1935-1939

Thanks for info (thumbs u

My God that is what comics are all about

I read the story off your scans, I was hooked on every word. The art is beautiful. That piece is something special.

Know offhand who wrote it?

no I don't but I'm sure you can find out easily if you can find an EC index