• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soldier Zero #1 1:300

14 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a Soldier Zero #1, 1:300 Variant that are only available already signed by Stan The Man Lee. My question would be if I submitted it towards a CGC SS would it be counted as a CGC SS or a qualified grade. And also, are DF forces no longer accepted for CGC SS submission?

If the book has the COA and ends up in a CGC 9.8 GL, and said book is truly rare a well informed of the cgc process collector might shell out a decent price for book.

I wouldn't trust any green label in an auction type format but would rather list it as a Buy it now book for security purposes if it's rare.

Best regards,

Rich

I have no intentions of selling it. I purchased it raw. The thing is that version of the book only really exists signed by Stan Lee.

(I didn't link it as an image because I felt it was too big. Apologies for any inconvenience.)

http://popculturezoo.com/wp-content/gallery/soldierzeroprev1b/SoldierZero_01_CVRG.jpg

and also

http://www.hypergeek.ca/2010/10/stan-lees-soldier-zero-1-is-the-best-selling-boom-studios-comic-of-all-time.html

Quoting:

"... and a special 1-in-300 Stan Lee signed variant cover with all new cover art by Kalman Andrasofszky."

That's why I was asking. I am a huge Marvel fan, and when I heard this was coming out, I checked it out and when I found out that it was Signed by the man himself? I nearly wet myself. *Sorry about the excitement* I live in the UK so a CGC SS is quite rare for me unless purchased but I would like to make this one a certified signature from stan lee with the nice little yellow label (I know elitist on my behalf) saying Signed by Stan Lee.

Also good thing I informed on the DF's not being recognized signatures. I would have made some big mistakes in the nearby future.

if you bought it already, CGC will give it green doesn't matter if that was the only way to buy it......look at the Dawn verients could only get them off JML's web site sig'd by him but yet it will only get a green label (all info here is true to my knoldge)

if anything i'd print out your proof and put it with the book (don't send printout to CGC won't mean a thing) so if/when you sell you'll have proof of your statement

Welcome to the Boards! (thumbs u

Even though it was ONLY available signed by Stan, the rules are the rules. Without a CAW or CGC employee to verify the signature it simply is not eligible for the SS yellow label program. The only loop-hole would have been if the book was sent directly to CGC from Stan and his people and then to customers.

With that being said, since the book was solicited as only being available signed by Stan Lee, I don't think you'll have problems convincing people it's legit. It's just a bummer that it was sold this way, it would have been easy enough to add Stan to the book down the road.

By the way: DF are "recognized" signatures, they do get creators to sign and sketch which is undisputed. It just doesn't hold the resell value that a CGC SS slab entails. If it's for your personal collection you can buy with confidence that you are getting what they describe.

Thanks for the welcome.

That's fair enough. I intend to keep it for many years to come. I stopped collecting comics about 5/6 years ago, and I only used to buy at a local comic shop in Portugal, interesting stories and first issues such as the Marvel Knights and the Bishop. Also bought the Caliban Bride. So really not valuable but nice reads and good setbacks. Anyway, thanks for help, and Golden what I meant as recognized was if I sent in a DF copy signed it would come back as a CGC SS not a CGC Qualified. I know that DF are what they say they are.

By the way: DF are "recognized" signatures, they do get creators to sign and sketch which is undisputed. It just doesn't hold the resell value that a CGC SS slab entails. If it's for your personal collection you can buy with confidence that you are getting what they describe.

That may be true in most of the cases, but it's definitely not guaranteed (like it is with a CGC SS book).

There are exceptions - like this 1:300 variant which is only available through Dynamic Forces - but what guarantee do you have if you buy a raw DF book that the book is actually the one referenced on the DF certificate? There's absolutely nothing stopping a seller from swapping out either the book or the certificate.

The 1:300 is not a DF you are right about that. But it still doesn't quailify for the yellow label. That signature has to be witnessed by CGC....period.

If it's signed again in front of a witness then the first signature would count as a deffect 8.5 grade instead of a 9.8

Sorry bud but there's no way around it. CGC is too big of a company to bow down to this.

Since the signature was not witnessed it is consider a defect to the book; basically it is just a scribble on the cover. No different then if a child got a hold of the book and drew on it with crayons.

The fact that this book was ONLY available signed doesn't make a difference to the rules that CGC abide by; i.e A CAW or CGC employee MUST be present when an item is being signed.

If you were to get Stan to sign it down the road then you are only eligible to have THAT signature witnessed, CGC will not validate the other signature and it will be considered a defect to the book.

Check out CGC Signature Series 2010 Q & A Thread which should answer all of your questions in regards to the SS program and how it works. (thumbs u