• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

15 DCs To Go - TRAGICALLY

33 posts in this topic

Oh--I didn't know about the six weeks or the public proclaimation. (I actually remember now reading where you mentioned the public proclaimation and I forgot about that..)

Have you contacted the police yet? (I'm not even sure if they can or would do anything about it..)

Congrats on the GL 30! thumbsup2.gif

Best of luck,

Charlie

Congrats on the GL 30. I love that cover!

Looking at the auction picture, however I think the seller should have left the "V" off of his grade of VG-! Still a decent copy of a rare book!

Congrats on the GL 30. I love that cover!

Looking at the auction picture, however I think the seller should have left the "V" off of his grade of VG-! Still a decent copy of a rare book!

Even that might be generous... 27_laughing.gif

Congrats on the GL 30. I love that cover! Looking at the auction picture, however I think the seller should have left the "V" off of his grade of VG-! Even that might be generous...

I don't care WHAT grade it's in. I'm just so grateful to have it, and so grateful I got to it before someone else did. I literally quaked in my boots when I found it.

Glad you found one... thumbsup2.gif

I was only making fun of the grading not the grade.

I wish I had a 100% fair FF 1 that looked like that.

I'd take it. grin.gif

Hang in there, Ian! Setbacks and adversity are all part of the game. And it is a game!! Well, a little.

It doesn't expalin why someone took my money, made excuses, now pretends outrage at being hassled, and has to return the money. It does NOT make sense. I had an address all along, so he couldn't do a runner, so why offer them to me in the first place, and now have to send the money back. I actually feel quite sick.

I know it's closing the barn door after the cows run off, but what's even worse is, you probably could have pm'ed nearly any other member of CPG and we would have warned you off of dealing with CD.

I considered him a friend up until the point he left the forums, but I would have warned you off for that reason alone. He hasn't posted more than a dozen times since around August of last year.

I believe he was having personal problems when he left. And people can change 360 degrees in 6 months.

As far as whether or not he actually owned or could get a hold of the 3 Detectives? I really have no idea, though I think his brother owns or manages a comic book store. It's entirely possible he could have been taking credit for books his brother had at the store.

I think his brother owns or manages a comic book store. It's entirely possible he could have been taking credit for books his brother had at the store.

I spoke to his brother, who knew nothing about any comics at all, or so he said.

The brother himself was suspicious. Hkp (off these very boards) found the brother the most suspicious of all - he was listed at that address as Michael Andersen, said his name was Michael Pedersen, and said he knew nothing about the comics, yet Lars had initially said he had to go over to his brother's house to get them and it was his brother who graded them. Yet the brother, Michael, said on the phone that he knew nothing about comics.

I believe Andersen is the english translation of Pedersen, though I might be wrong.

And like I said, I haven't a clue as to whether he actually has the comics or even if he has a brother. And I would have told you so, if you had pm'd me before any transaction.

I'm not saying he is a crook or guilty of anything besides dragging his feet with you.

But, if you had pm'd me, I would have told you that he had basically left the forums months ago under a suspicious cloud surrounding comics he supposedly owned. That he had lost his moderator abilities at the same time(I think he may have even requested those abilities be removed ... not sure though). And I would have certainly suggested you get proof the comics existed and used other methods of secure payment.

Congrats on the GL30, Ian.

I'm still pinching myself.

Especially after what Timely had said about this issue. I was very lucky. It slightly lifted my spirits after the business with those three Detectives.

Now if I could just find a cover or an incomplete copy of Flash 43, to go with my perfect but coverless copy. Anyone got an incomplete copy that's falling apart ????

Ian,

I saw that you recently purchased a coverless incomplete Detective 27 on ebay using "Buy it Now". I was wondering if that was the copy that you sent to Matt Nelson for restoration and if you had the other parts to complete it. I remember that you said you don't include coverless comics in your census unless they have at least the front or back cover?

If you have any of the parts leftover, let me know.

Thanks.

Ian,

I saw that you recently purchased a coverless incomplete Detective 27 on ebay using "Buy it Now". I was wondering if that was the copy that you sent to Matt Nelson for restoration and if you had the other parts to complete it. I remember that you said you don't include coverless comics in your census unless they have at least the front or back cover?

If you have any of the parts leftover, let me know.

Thanks.

I have two copies. One is complete that I'm in the middle of buying from my friend Michael in Florida. I am still completing payment on it. The other is incomplete which Matt Nelson is fixing up with authentic looking facsimile pages to replace whatever is missing (but all the original Batman pages are there all present and correct), and which my friend Paul Sassienie has already sold for me, and that money is going towards the complete copy that I'm buying from Florida.