• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Young Justice' on the Cartoon Network

38 posts in this topic

did anybody else watch the one hour premiere ep last night? i thought it was darker than the normal kids cartoon, and the animation was most excellent. :headbang:

'Young Justice' premiere with vid

from newsrama:

Young Justice: Debuting Friday night in the States, Young Justice marks the latest DC animated series. Set apart in its own continuity (Earth-16, if I recall correctly), the series gets to exist with familiar character, but on its own terms. All I can say is . . . get ready. Why?

The hour-long pilot episode hits it out of the park on every conceivable level. This is a great, great start for a new entry into the animated canon. Terrifically, dynamically animated, Young Justice sets a new visual standard; it’s at (or above) the animation quality of the best of the direct-to-DVD DC releases. That’s quite a feat, especially considering that you have literally dozens of characters appearing in this episode alone (that includes around two dozen Justice Leaguers, seven or so young heroes, several cold-themed villains, and a variety of other characters that either a) are surprises or b) demanded new designs for the series).

In terms of the voice-cast, it’s extremely solid. Though my wife cracked me up when she said, “Isn’t Aquaman Green Lantern?” (yes, it’s Phil Lamarr as the King of the Seven Seas), it’s a well-considered group of actors handling the various vocal chores. One voice note that impressed me was less a bit of casting (though actor/teen-pop-singer Jessie McCartney is a fine Robin) as it was a choice; when Robin disappears into the shadows or out of view of a villain, he utters a high, thin laugh, suitable for the way that the Grayson Boy Wonder would crack wise and undermine villains.

Much of the plot of “Independence Day” revolves around ongoing series set-up (the sidekicks come together, they ignore orders, they find a new ally in a strange place, etc.) but it’s all engagingly done and action-packed. I found myself enjoying the character design tweaks here and there, and I was interested by particular angles (both Hal and John Stewart in the League? Zatara with an Italian accent? Never considered it, but it’s sensible.)

In my estimation, YJ is well worth your time. With the wrap-up of Batman: The Brave and the Bold already in sight (they promised 65, and next week’s episode is 51), Young Justice will be the only DC game in town for a bit. And based on the first episode, it’s gonna be a good one.

exclusive six minute trailer from SDCC

Excellent DC animation! (thumbs u

It looked to be the same animators / designs from the Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths movie. At least that was a first impression. Top-drawer.

youngjustice.jpg

The story was way above par for kids fare, with the bowels of Project Cadmus being some truly bizarre stuff. :cloud9:

Fun to see fresh designs of weird DC characters, like Dubbilex.

has anybody seen G.I. Joe: renegades on the hub network? the art is kinda of funky, they made the baroness and scarlett look unattractive with their pickle noses. not like our G.I.Joe when we were kids, a joe actually died. :ohnoez:

Just saw YJ and it was very good. I haven't been watching cartoons since the Justice League Unlimited was on the air and only just caught one episode of BatmanL Brave and the Bold for the first time last week, but this new series really had a strong story and characters,

I thought the show might be aimed at kids due to the title, but it was very straight-forward and serious. Looks like they might start adding in the other team members slowly and Speedy ditching early in the episode was a surprise.

Anyone been able to screen cap the Leaguer's appearance in the show? The new designs for the Hawks and the look of the adult team was pretty cool. Hopefully they'll be able to show the JLA more individually in team-ups later on.

I'm surprised they didn't tweak the Batman and Martian Manhunter's costumes last minute to match with their new current D.C. outfits.

I thought the show was excellent. I was caught a little off guard by how eloquent and insightful Aqua-lad sounded compared to the other two/three. I was excited to see Superboy joined the team. And the animation was top notch. I'll be sure to catch all the other episodes as they are released! (thumbs u

I havent seen many DC animiated shows that havent been well done lately. I am not even a DC fan, but man they got it over Marvel easily here.

i don't know about that, 'the avengers: earths mightiest heroes' is pretty damn good.

I havent seen many DC animiated shows that havent been well done lately. I am not even a DC fan, but man they got it over Marvel easily here.

i don't know about that, 'the avengers: earths mightiest heroes' is pretty damn good.

Yeah, they're definitely doing good things with the Avengers. I like both. Different animation styles.

Anybody know if/when they are going to re-show it? Went to Cartoon Network's website and couldn't find any info.

Any place on the web to download it?

Thanks.

The regular show will be on the air in January. Google "young justice torrent" to download it

This show is such high quality. In a way it also features the justice league also as every episode will feature at least 1 member. I hope we see more Batman. But Aqualad was a pleasant surprise for me as how much i liked him in the show. I hope they explore D ick and Wally's relationship a lot in this series. This is much better than the Mighty Avengers show IMO :D

:bump: The high-quality of Young Justice seems to be holding, if not improving. :applause:

The depth of storytelling is impressive for both the short 22 minute format, and for having a young teen target audience. Several continuity threads have formed to play out over the season. Good stuff worth catching. (thumbs u

I had hopes for The Avengers animated too, but gave up on that. :( It just seemed to be dumbing down silver age storylines, if that's possible.