• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Comic Con April 30/May 1 2011

180 posts in this topic

Just had dinner with your brother, I wish he were in NJ too.

:whee:

Hi andy sorry i didnt say bye the woman was ready to go lol

It was nice to see you and meet her, hopefully you guys enjoyed the show!

Ya it was fun i might come back tomorrow bymyself, ill come by if i do

Hopefully see you then! Did you pick up anything cool?

No i gotta come back i think

We had a wonderful first day... it's always good to see my friends! Sold a few books, even though one board member refused to take the discount offered!

Back for more in an hour... hopefully I'll see a few more of you and get to walk the floor and SHOP a little!

So what'd everyone get? I didn't buy too much. Some tpb's, some golden age supplies, and 2 LB Cole books for me! Plus some cheap Cap issues I needed. ME HAPPY!

As far as meeting people, here's a quick rundown of who I met and what got signed:

Joe Kubert - Sgt Rock - DONE! Great guy!

Frank Quitely - 3 X-books, All Star Supes - MET! Totally got lucky too. He wasn't there, then just showed up when I was standing there, got my sigs, turned around, saw 200 people behind me! :-o

Frank Cho - Ms. Marvel, Mighty Avengers, New Ultimates

Darwyn Cooke - Catwoman

Art Adams - X-Men Ann., New Mutants, Scarlet Witch

Matt Wagner - Madame Xanadu -

Terry Moore - SiP - And bought Echo vol 1.

Greg Capullo - Spawn - 3 issues! Also got a free Batman / Robin print he was handing out signed!

Tony Harris - Deus Ex

Ryan Ottley - Invcible tpb

Howard Chaykin - Black Kiss, Punisher,

Christos Gage - Avengers Initiative, Union Jack! -

Todd Dezago - Sens Spidey - Yup, on same copies Mike Wernringo had signed.

Stephanie Buscema - Web Of Spidey 1 - yup, and she's a sweetie.

Also met Mark Morales (inker) who signed the gatefold THOR 600 cover and the Giant Sz Old Man Logan with Dexter Vines who was next to him.

Forgot a Dave Johnson book, so bought Deadpool #900 and had him sign that. He had the original there with him!!! Only 3k...... :P

I'm sure I'm missing someone too...

I picked up:

- 2 LB Cole books (I'll send links to covers)

- some golden age mylars & supplies

- 6 cap books between 121-150 so now i have 121-174!

- Echo tpb

- Punisher Max v1 HC (50% off)

- a few books for creators to sign.

Overall, easy to get there, get around in, awesome lineup, not too crowded, decent deals were had. ME HAPPY!

So what'd everyone get? I didn't buy too much. Some tpb's, some golden age supplies, and 2 LB Cole books for me! Plus some cheap Cap issues I needed. ME HAPPY!

I posted a handful of my buys over in my show report. I'm quite happy with all my purchases, but wish I had more time to shop.