• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marnin's Latest Editorial:

32 posts in this topic

Mark used to restore books and many of the books he sold, as World's Finest, he worked on. For example, in his first ad for the Rockford collection he stated that the books were totally unrestored adding "not even cleaned and pressed."

I have no firsthand knowledge of this but I believe that at least some of the work went undisclosed- hence "sordid." Hopefully, someone with better knowledge of the subject can please clarify that last point.

Well I dont have first hand knowledge of who did the resto, but I have first hand knowledge of an individual purchasing a Rockford that came back PLOD, he got what I refer to as the Domino Resto story from the seller, IE it was sold to me as unrestored, by a guy who claims it was sold to him as unrestored ETC ETC. Needless to say resto of a pedigree didnt sit well with him. 893naughty-thumb.gif But I hear techniques have improved. devil.gif

Consequently, I have looked at the board only three times. Each time reminding myself not to read anything in the future.

and yet, he found his way on to the boards this time. hnh... seems like he just couldn't resist the lure of the siren call that is the CGC message boards.

Mark, well said. It is unfortunate you have to come onto the boards to defend yourself. I don't know what the history is between you and Marnin, but he seems to go out of his way to gratuitously slam you verbally and in writing, which is really unfortunate.

Mark, well said. It is unfortunate you have to come onto the boards to defend yourself. I don't know what the history is between you and Marnin, but he seems to go out of his way to gratuitously slam you verbally and in writing, which is really unfortunate.

My admitted limited knowledge of and brief telephone conversation with Marnin left me with the feeling he is a fairly bitter and mean-spirited fellow. I have since taken everything he has written with a grain of salt... confused-smiley-013.gif

as long as i have known and done business with mark wilson he always has been fair, honest and of the highest integrity

hes right about the doc solar 1- a simple email to clarify the matter wouldve been the right and courteous way to go about it

instead, the haters pearl harbour him..........

go have some more haterade u losers

Hi Mark,

Nice website by the way.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS

That e-mail thread from Marnin wasn't the most professional. His comments were unfounded cause I see no evidence--all heresay. Nice guy and all otherwise.I'm willing to give everyone the benefit of the doubt--once.

BTW, I want that HOM issue you sniped from me two weeks ago on eBay--but I ain't gonna pay $300 spread between your cost and the web price devil.gif

Hey Mark, If your reading this WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!! Don't let somebody's remarks or opinion's stop you from posting on these boards,as Rip said in his post you would be a asset here!! flowerred.gif

I don't think there are any sigs on the book, so there were none to verify. There are notations all over the place.

But isn't it the PAY copy? I thought that book was written on to show which artists to pay? So I thought there were artists names all over the book, but definitely not written by the artists, more like an editor? I thought there were signatures but not "autographs". Anyone?