• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 2000's Books

276 posts in this topic

Love threads like this, especially when I have the books. I remember Dead@17 being hot when it came out, then it cooled off to nothing. I have about a few copies of #1 that I bought for cover price or less. Ebay shows 1 sold recently for $60. Cha-ching.

A few copies you say? :takeit:

It's certainly a great book,and I do think there is a green light for a movie. :applause:

Love threads like this, especially when I have the books. I remember Dead@17 being hot when it came out, then it cooled off to nothing. I have about a few copies of #1 that I bought for cover price or less. Ebay shows 1 sold recently for $60. Cha-ching.

It's certainly a great book,and I do think there is a green light for a movie. :applause:

You know there was one before that, but it wasn't a 2000's book ;)

I thought the Dead @ 17 AshCan came out in 2000 as a limited ashcan type book and then the Dead @ 17 Preview right before issue #1 came out in 2003...

I thought the Dead @ 17 AshCan came out in 2000 as a limited ashcan type book and then the Dead @ 17 Preview right before issue #1 came out in 2003...

The Dead@17 we know is a reboot from a self published comic that was hand drawn and printed at Kinko's. They reprinted a couple pages of it in the first trade. It was a late 90's book. I posted up some pictures a while ago but I got banned from Tinypic and can't find them on my camera. I might dig the book up tomorrow and get some pics :)

"JH: Yeah, Dead@17 has been building in my head for about five years. In fact, I originally made a black and white version a few years ago that I printed myself at Kinko's at gave out to all my friends. It was very crude, but it was enough to eventually get Viper's attention."

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=6765

I'd like to get one of those :popcorn:

anyone know how rare the portland comic show variant is for dead @17 #1 ?

I dont know the #s but there can't be too many around,thank God I've got one.I would love to pick up some original art from the first series.

OK, my turn.

The 1:10 Locke & Key: Welcome To Lovecraft Special Edition #1 Variant

specialedition.jpg

:acclaim:

These are hardly ever on eBay.

By my guess there were only 100-150 made and not many claimed because of the regular issue reprint's $6 price tag.

This book was so rare even I had no idea what the cover looked like until someone showed me. You cannot buy what you don't know exists, my 2c

:cloud9: glad someone brought up locke & key ... IMO even regular prints are hard to find as not many shops even order /know about the seires

How about invincible as well ?.. the #1 none LC exclusive version ... Even when the series was new ... I jumped on around #10 or so I've never been able to find a #1 at shops .... now it goes for insane prices online ... Heck When it was new I couldn't even find any on ebay aside from the damned LCE (lol sorry larry) :censored:

OK, my turn.

specialedition.jpg

By my guess there were only 100-150 made and not many claimed because of the regular issue reprint's $6 price tag.

This book was so rare even I had no idea what the cover looked like until someone showed me. You cannot buy what you don't know exists, my 2c

:cloud9: glad someone brought up locke & key ... IMO even regular prints are hard to find as not many shops even order /know about the seires

That's going to change once FOX releases the Locke & Key TV series 2c

OK, my turn.

specialedition.jpg

That's going to change once FOX releases the Locke & Key TV series 2c

Kind of hoping it does so I can get one for a SS :) Even regular prints are hard to find right now I'm hoping they will pop up more & go down in price (: That one variant though I think will still remain hard to get specially in good shape if they are just sitting in someones box or lcs box

Oh how about ...

Nyx #3 ?... Is that a 200x ?..

Also green lantern blackest night #2 ?.. Black & white variant seems to be hard to get /in demand for some reason right now at least from what I've seen on ebay its always listed high the odd time it pops up

Did someone mention this? :D

Dead@17 mini by Fiasco Comics (AKA self published) in 2000. One of 20 copies that Josh printed and he doesn't even have a copy. He does have the original art though. Definitely the grail of my Josh Howard collection. Never thought I would own this book. (worship)

deadat17minifrontty3.jpgdeadat17minibackoq0.jpg

Did someone mention this? :D

Dead@17 mini by Fiasco Comics. One of 20 copies that Josh printed and he doesn't even have a copy. He does have the original art though. Definitely the grail of my Josh Howard collection. Never thought I would own this book. (worship)

deadat17minifrontty3.jpgdeadat17minibackoq0.jpg

(worship) Ever thought of selling? :wishluck:

Nope. I am never going to part with it. I lucked out and noticed it on ebay about 2 years ago. When I first saw the listing I had to do a double take to make sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing. It had stayed at around $6 for most of the auction but jumped in the last few seconds to over $200. Needless to say I am glad I won it since I haven't seen any copies since then. Definitely a keeper. :D

Nope. I am never going to part with it. I lucked out and noticed it on ebay about 2 years ago. When I first saw the listing I had to do a double take to make sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing. It had stayed at around $6 for most of the auction but jumped in the last few seconds to over $200. Needless to say I am glad I won it since I haven't seen any copies since then. Definitely a keeper. :D

emoticon-cartoon-001.gif

:applause: I thought it came out in 97. Awesome score

Recalled & pulped... I have no idea how accurate the info is over at recalledcomics.com, but they estimated about 125 exist. I have no idea on the value, I just loved finding it.

phonogram.jpg

phonogramb.jpg

Recalled in the UK AFTER it got to the shops.

The email from Diamond was the usual "Please destroy" which meant none were destroyed.

Most of the retailers I spoke to at the time didn't even know it was an error copy.

Granted, not many were ordered in the UK but I doubt your figure of 125 - 150 includes copies that made it over here?