• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 2000's Books

276 posts in this topic

I'm a little surprised there isn't more action here. I admit I don't know which end is up in terms of this stuff. There's a lot of self-published stuff continuously getting cranked out by art students and everyone else (I boought some at NYCC from the School of Visual Art kids...I figured I should support their little booth given that they apparently had to pay full-price for the sapce at the show), but it's a matter of anyone picking up on this stuff later, a character making it mainstream, etc.

It's those small batch things that are kind of exciting, though it could be 5+ years before you know whether any of them had an impact.

Has anyone added tmnt to the list ?.. I know its kind of a given but... I think the ysort of started out similar to this simply by printing out there own comics & bringing them to shops & such right ?..

I'm a little surprised there isn't more action here. I admit I don't know which end is up in terms of this stuff. There's a lot of self-published stuff continuously getting cranked out by art students and everyone else (I boought some at NYCC from the School of Visual Art kids...I figured I should support their little booth given that they apparently had to pay full-price for the sapce at the show), but it's a matter of anyone picking up on this stuff later, a character making it mainstream, etc.

It's those small batch things that are kind of exciting, though it could be 5+ years before you know whether any of them had an impact.

Has anyone added tmnt to the list ?.. I know its kind of a given but... I think the ysort of started out similar to this simply by printing out there own comics & bringing them to shops & such right ?..

Why would TMNT be on a list of hard-to-find comics from the 2000s?

What volume had the super exclusive final two issues with the sketches? That might be a 2000's book.

OK, my turn.

The 1:10 Locke & Key: Welcome To Lovecraft Special Edition #1 Variant

:acclaim:

These are hardly ever on eBay.

By my guess there were only 100-150 made and not many claimed because of the regular issue reprint's $6 price tag.

This book was so rare even I had no idea what the cover looked like until someone showed me. You cannot buy what you don't know exists, my 2c

:cloud9: glad someone brought up locke & key ... IMO even regular prints are hard to find as not many shops even order /know about the seires

That's going to change once FOX releases the Locke & Key TV series 2c

I definitely noticed an uptick of sales for raws on eBay. Jump on now.

GUILTY! lol!

LK001.jpg

Guilty too. But, I have been buying the unknown appearance books we discuss. I was lucky to find a NM/M copy of the First Print #1 though this weekend at a LCS. Wish, I bought your Special Edition Variant now. lol

OK, my turn.

By my guess there were only 100-150 made and not many claimed because of the regular issue reprint's $6 price tag.

This book was so rare even I had no idea what the cover looked like until someone showed me. You cannot buy what you don't know exists, my 2c

:cloud9: glad someone brought up locke & key ... IMO even regular prints are hard to find as not many shops even order /know about the seires

GUILTY! lol!

LK001.jpg

Guilty too. But, I have been buying the unknown appearance books we discuss. I was lucky to find a NM/M copy of the First Print #1 though this weekend at a LCS. Wish, I bought your Special Edition Variant now. lol

And I wish I would have kept it... on second thought... Nah - some nice Canadian guy got it. :)

Unusual to find them at a LCS. But then again, I've drained my LCS of almost every title I collect.

OK, my turn.

GUILTY! lol!

LK001.jpg

And I wish I would have kept it... on second thought... Nah - some nice Canadian guy got it. :)

Unusual to find them at a LCS. But then again, I've drained my LCS of almost every title I collect.

:headbang:

What volume had the super exclusive final two issues with the sketches? That might be a 2000's book.

you just wonder if nowadays there's a better than even chance that the next neat comic doesn't start on paper, but is an internet comic

I think around #35-up or so came with sketches if you got in early on the pre order for them...

TMNT39.jpg

PeterLaird.jpg

I am glad I got one when I did ...

I dunno if that counts if the issues themselves are not so hard to find...how can one know if that's the sketch you got distributed or you picked up at a show from the artist? (or did a limited # of copies have the blank page for a sketch?)

I dunno if that counts if the issues themselves are not so hard to find...how can one know if that's the sketch you got distributed or you picked up at a show from the artist? (or did a limited # of copies have the blank page for a sketch?)
From what I have read, the last two issues only came in a signed, sketched, and numbered format. Unless I read wrong that is. And I haven't really found any late issue TMNT comics for sale on eBay while I was looking. I don't know if I have a single issue from that series yet.

This thread seems...familiar.... hm

Anyhoo, any of the Vampirella Blues, limited to 100, would qualify. Also, the Lady Death Blues, also limited to 100. There are now several Lady Death premiums limited to 50.

And we can't forget the dearth of Jay & Co. Museum Editions, nearly all of which were made in the 2000's, and limited to 5-50 copies each, generally.

I hope this thread isn't filled with the inane nonsense that has filled the 90's thread, with stuff that people "can't find" at their local LCS, but which have 5-20 copies on eBay at any given time...people, the internet changed the rules. Surely you're all aware of that, right? Just because something is at a price you won't pay doesn't mean it's "rare." If it's for sale right now on eBay, regardless of price, then, by definition, it's not rare, with the exceptions that make the rule.

(thumbs u

I hope this thread isn't filled with the inane nonsense that has filled the 90's thread, with stuff that people "can't find" at their local LCS, but which have 5-20 copies on eBay at any given time

I hope this thread isn't just a robotic recitation of low print run books. It has to have some ebb and flow that makes people want to keep contributing and looking and talking. These threads are really fun regardless of whether someone posts about a book that some people have multiples of, or that can be found easier than they may originally think. :preach:

I hope this thread isn't filled with the inane nonsense that has filled the 90's thread, with stuff that people "can't find" at their local LCS, but which have 5-20 copies on eBay at any given time

I hope this thread isn't just a robotic recitation of low print run books. It has to have some ebb and flow that makes people want to keep contributing and looking and talking. These threads are really fun regardless of whether someone posts about a book that some people have multiples of, or that can be found easier than they may originally think. :preach:

You're a dork.

There are plenty of other threads...and if there's not, they can be made...to discuss those other books. If someone posts that "House of M #1 Scarlet Witch variant is SUPER rare!" that defeats the point of this particular thread.

Then you can have this thread drop to the 20th page after you've had your dryass boring recitation of the most artificially created low print books of the decade. zzz

Threads shouldn't have points. They should foster discourse and fun. A nice derail every once in a while is great, too.