• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robojo ASM #300?

58 posts in this topic

So are you guys saying that I should start formulating another letter to Ebay corporate? :/

If people have proof that this guy is breaking the law, scamming or doing other types of illicit activities then it should go to the NYS Attorney General and of course to Ebay. If it's just grumbling then it's basically nothing to officially complain about. If it's undisclosed restos this can happen and more frequently with higher volume dealers. If someone has proof he is doing the restos and selling them then that's different. He served his time. What can someone say that he has in fact done and more specifically that he has intentionally done.

Having a bad reputation is not illegal.

So are you guys saying that I should start formulating another letter to Ebay corporate? :/

If people have proof that this guy is breaking the law, scamming or doing other types of illicit activities then it should go to the NYS Attorney General and of course to Ebay. If it's just grumbling then it's basically nothing to officially complain about. If it's undisclosed restos this can happen and more frequently with higher volume dealers. If someone has proof he is doing the restos and selling them then that's different. He served his time. What can someone say that he has in fact done and more specifically that he has intentionally done.

I haven't seen him wield a scalpel late at night, no. :P Barring that, it'd be pretty tough to prove. Plausible deniability - 'I didn't know the book was trimmed - I bought it that way'.

Before you elect to play devil's advocate, you ought to read the preponderance of information that has come to light over the years. This isn't a case of bad reputation. This is a case of systematic fraud.

Dupcak should sue us for libel!

I haven't seen him wield a scalpel late at night, no. :P Barring that, it'd be pretty tough to prove. Plausible deniability - 'I didn't know the book was trimmed - I bought it that way'.

Before you elect to play devil's advocate, you ought to read the preponderance of information that has come to light over the years. This isn't a case of bad reputation. This is a case of systematic fraud.

Yeah, you should read the "justafanboy" link before posting any more. Save you some (more) embarassment.

Yeah, you should read the "justafanboy" link before posting any more. Save you some (more) embarassment.

Which of us should read the justafanboy link? Is that the link where this guy just tears into him?

I try not to link his past with the present. Like I said, he paid his debt. Reputation is earned. If he's had issues that are considered normal in this business considering the volume he deals with and has made restitution to people that had problems then good. If he's intentionally doing something then that's wrong. Unfortunately with his past people will judge first and look at the facts later.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt without digging too much: If this is all he knows then who are we to deny him a way making an honest living after he's paid his debt to society.

Which of us should read the justafanboy link? Is that the link where this guy just tears into him?

I try not to link his past with the present. Like I said, he paid his debt. Reputation is earned. If he's had issues that are considered normal in this business considering the volume he deals with and has made restitution to people that had problems then good. If he's intentionally doing something then that's wrong. Unfortunately with his past people will judge first and look at the facts later.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt without digging too much: If this is all he knows then who are we to deny him a way making an honest living after he's paid his debt to society.

Then by all means, feel free to buy from him in volume and let us know how it works out (thumbs u

Good lord, the man is a scumbag. Right now one of the lawyers here is representing his ex to get past due child support from the man. The man is a walking case of fraud. He's been banned from here numerous times. He has ripped off many people on this board with his undisclosed resto, myself included. His MO is to crack raw restored books, and resell them at a higher grade as unrestored. He gets away with this, because by the time you send a book to CGC and get the grade, usually the window of filing a dispute has passed. If you do get the grade in time, he'll refund your money, but he's banking on the fact it usually won't...and nowhere near every buyer submits their books to CGC, either.

Just do a search on his name in these forums before you post any more, seriously. As someone else said, you're kind of embarrassing yourself by preaching forgiveness for someone when you have no idea just how truly despicable the man is. Do your research before taking a stand like that.

Another example:

Robojo33 listing JIM #83 CGC 5.0 OW/W PQ.

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180589567762&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1435wt_907

It's a private listing currently at $2711 while another JIM 83 5.0 white pager is sitting at $2650 with no bids.

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220701187457&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

doh! doh! doh!

Drop some cash on one of his auctions and then come back and defend him :eyeroll:

Good lord, the man is a scumbag. Right now one of the lawyers here is representing his ex to get past due child support from the man. The man is a walking case of fraud. He's been banned from here numerous times. He has ripped off many people on this board with his undisclosed resto, myself included. His MO is to crack raw restored books, and resell them at a higher grade as unrestored. He gets away with this, because by the time you send a book to CGC and get the grade, usually the window of filing a dispute has passed. If you do get the grade in time, he'll refund your money, but he's banking on the fact it usually won't...and nowhere near every buyer submits their books to CGC, either.

Just do a search on his name in these forums before you post any more, seriously. As someone else said, you're kind of embarrassing yourself by preaching forgiveness for someone when you have no idea just how truly despicable the man is. Do your research before taking a stand like that.

I'm not taking a stand either way. I was reacting more to another thread on him that said because he was convicted in the past he should be condemned now. Other than a handful of posts doing a search, consider that some people weren't around when he was active on this board and the reasons why he was tossed off. I've read over 50 posts on this guy on this board. You're the first person that has wrote their first hand experience. Other posts I've read are saying he's a scammer and was convicted in 97, but nothing more than that.

Yes, he did things in the past. From what you're saying you personally have been ripped off and from what I read on a couple of links it seems like this guy is a POS that's up to his old tricks. If this is the case it's bordering on total stupidity since he has a prior conviction doing the same thing or close to it.

Get me proof of his cracking restored books and selling them as unrestored on Ebay and I'll do the same that I did to those other clowns. From his reputation here alone I wouldn't buy from him.

What's the issue? I don't know the whole post 97 story and rather than rush to judgment I am trying to understand why. I'm embarrassing myself because I'm relatively new here and question why everyone is running with pitchforks?

Lot of his books are going for strong prices tonight it appears. X-Men #1 at 6.0 already at over $3500. Had mine available last week for $3049 and not much interest. Similarly, ASM 129 9.2 for over $1000 and that Hulk 181 9.4 with lots of white border at $2000 right now, I assume that'll go for a few hundred more as well.

just read the threads linked to earlier. Danny is the Attila the Hun of Comics. Always has been. Just catch up and youll be singing with the choir in no time. There are no two sids on the Danny issue.

I'm starting to realize this. I doing searches now. He pops up other places too not just here.

Guys, just because I'm the upstream Salmon at times don't beat me over the head. I don't have the years of reading you guys have on this board.

Get me proof of his cracking restored books and selling them as unrestored on Ebay and I'll do the same that I did to those other clowns. From his reputation here alone I wouldn't buy from him.

Proof of him cracking restored books has been shown here many, many times in the past; it's one reason why he's made all of his FB private. Before, we could track books he bought in restored slabs, wait two weeks, and he'd be selling them at a higher grade as unrestored.

Seriously though, even without solid proof, when this particular forum universally comes down like a ton of bricks on an individual, and not one person has anything good to say about him, that should be pretty telling. As I'm sure you've noticed, the people here can be pretty forgiving...you really have to make a mess of things before no one will give you a second (or third, or fourth) chance.

Proof of him cracking restored books has been shown here many, many times in the past; it's one reason why he's made all of his FB private. Before, we could track books he bought in restored slabs, wait two weeks, and he'd be selling them at a higher grade as unrestored.

Seriously though, even without solid proof, when this particular forum universally comes down like a ton of bricks on an individual, and not one person has anything good to say about him, that should be pretty telling. As I'm sure you've noticed, the people here can be pretty forgiving...you really have to make a mess of things before no one will give you a second (or third, or fourth) chance.

I'm reading more. Yea, I agree it's not looking too good. That's bad too because the guy had a chance to do the right thing and make a wrong right. I can't say I feel sorry for him, but it kind of sucks to see someone doing this to other people and then eventually to themselves; again.

He's running the risk of getting jammed up again, losing everything he's made over the years and a potentially harsher sentence for doing the same thing he was convicted of before. NOT a smart move.