• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Mystery #9 & #29, Action 13 Pages, All-American 17, TEC 36 added

20 posts in this topic

Standard rules apply. First :takeit: in thread rules all. PM's considered. Free USPS Shipping. Only Shipping in US (PM to discuss and maybe we can work something out international). No Probation list buyers. Payment by Paypal Only.

Most books are priced at, or slightly below, what I've got in 'em. (thumbs u

Books will be shipped out Wednesday at the earliest, on the road until then.

Marvel Mystery #9 PR / Incomplete

$2,500 Shipped

A banned boardie "took it" on this book a few weeks back which = a no sale. So it's up for grabs again!

I picked this book up off Heritage last May. Here's the link to the auction page -> http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=110051&Lot_No=11340

Will be shipped via USPS Express Mail in Fortress holder. (Fortress Holder is a $50 value alone)

Grade: Grade: 100% Original and absolutely no restoration! Front cover is detached, the back cover is missing. Interior is complete. Somewhat slightly brittle at the bottom right corner and at part of the spine area. But NO flaking.

The front cover is original to the interior, it is NOT married from another copy.

IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_2712.jpg

Marvel Mystery #29 CGC 4.5 OW/W

This book sold on eBay but turned out to be a no sale as there where problems with the winning bidder. :pullhair:

I paid about $1,250 for this book but I'll offer it for what the top bid was when it closed.

$1,000 shipped.

VERY Hard to find. Classic Cover, Decapitated Head Panel, and the nicest looking 4.5 you may ever see.

IMG_1832.jpg

MM29BC.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg

All-American Comics #17 CGC 1.5 with Slightly Brittle Pages

Moved to eBay - SOLD there.

CGC Notes: Cover re-attached with moderate amount of tape on interior cover. Tape stain on entire spine of cover.

Last GPA $975

Currently moved, not for sale.

AA16.jpg

aa16b.jpg

Action Comics # 13 - First 7 individual pages ONLY. Which is the entire complete Superman story (the Superman story is 13 pages counting front and back + 1 ad page. That is to say the 7 individual pages contain 14 pages if you count front and back of those pages) Pages are "Off-White"

Also the pages have dried glue residue on most of them - on the "spine", the first page has the biggest amount. Also there is added support on the spine of each page which is newsprint type paper.

$199 shipped.

IMG_2039.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

I want to badly upgrade my MMC#9 copy but I'd have to sell mine first plus another book. :P Maybe if its still available in about a month I'll pull the trigger on it and then sell off my copy. :wishluck:
do it Peter, and then buy my Cap 33 :cool: nice books Alex! hope they land at a good home...that Marvel 9 should be long gone by now..

I want to badly upgrade my MMC#9 copy but I'd have to sell mine first plus another book. :P Maybe if its still available in about a month I'll pull the trigger on it and then sell off my copy. :wishluck:
do it Peter, and then buy my Cap 33 :cool: nice books Alex! hope they land at a good home...that Marvel 9 should be long gone by now..

Thanks!

I agree. Surprised it's still around. hm

Also just to note I put $2,500 when I meant to put $2,600, but I'll keep it at the $2,500.

Someone grab this bad boy before I reconsider! :cool:

Time Payments are always an option. hm

:baiting:

Detective Comics #36 - DC Comics Feb, 1940

$300 Shipped SOLD

Picked this one up off HA back in August as a filler in my run, but it's no longer needed for a fill. So its for sale!

Heritage linky -> http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=110084&Lot_No=14148

10th appearance of Batman, 1st Hugo Strange and Origin.

Detective Comics #36 from my experience recently has been the single hardest Pre-Robin Detective to track down. And there are only 12 unrestored on the CGC census.

Quick note about this (and all Feb 1940 DC comic) issues. For this one month only DC tried something new and did a full ad page on page 1, and moved the first story and splash start to page 2. That is why you see an ad instead of the splash on the first page. Safe to say this was completely disliked by readers and this format was discontinued after only one month.

Grade: Coverless (missing front and back cover) but otherwise fully complete, has all 64 pages. First wrap and centerfold are detached. Staples are NOT original according to heritage.

DET363636363.jpg

$300 Shipped

Picked this one up off HA back in August as a filler in my run, but it's no longer needed for a fill. So its for sale!

Heritage linky -> http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=110084&Lot_No=14148

Detective Comics #36 from my experience recently has been the single hardest Pre-Robin Detective to track down. And there are only 12 unrestored on the CGC census.

Quick note about this (and all Feb 1940 DC comic) issues. For this one month only DC tried something new and did a full ad page on page 1, and moved the first story and splash start to page 2. That is why you see an ad instead of the splash on the first page. Safe to say this was completely disliked by readers and this format was discontinued after only one month.

Grade: Coverless (missing front and back cover) but otherwise fully complete, has all 64 pages. First wrap and centerfold are detached. Staples are NOT original according to heritage.

DET363636363.jpg

:takeit:

$300 Shipped

DET363636363.jpg

^^

Thank you! (worship)

Marvel Mystery #29 CGC 4.5 OW/W

This book sold on eBay but turned out to be a no sale as there where problems with the winning bidder. :pullhair:

I paid about $1,250 for this book but I'll offer it for what the top bid was when it closed.

$1,000 shipped.

VERY Hard to find. Classic Cover, Decapitated Head Panel, and the nicest looking 4.5 you may ever see.

IMG_1832.jpg

MM29BC.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg