• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tonight's The Night. . .

63 posts in this topic

On the flip side...the folks who have $500K worth of art at current values did well to buy that art when it was "cheap". Regardless of whether they spent 10% or 25% (or more) of their "bank", they probably did better with the art than with the money sitting in the bank. And the guy who spent 25% did better than the guy who spent 10% (if they both started with the same amount).

The real question of course, is whether comic art is still "cheap". I have no investment advice. Personally, I'd rather err on the side of caution as I'm pretty conservative with my money. It will be interesting to see where this hobby is in 20 years.

On the flip side...the folks who have $500K worth of art at current values did well to buy that art when it was "cheap". Regardless of whether they spent 10% or 25% (or more) of their "bank", they probably did better with the art than with the money sitting in the bank. And the guy who spent 25% did better than the guy who spent 10% (if they both started with the same amount).

The real question of course, is whether comic art is still "cheap". I have no investment advice. Personally, I'd rather err on the side of caution as I'm pretty conservative with my money. It will be interesting to see where this hobby is in 20 years.

hold on a minute there, you are not trying to imply all exponential growth curves don't go on forever are you? Talk like that is not very popular on this message board :gossip:

Thanks Richard!! I'll update it now.

you're welcome Joe

I had the entire book at one point (having been one of the principals in the Standard/Fawcett warehouse deal)

so was your $2.2 mil an answer to my earlier question??

if so, I think that's a very low number. My opinion, that in order to buy a $500k piece of art (or whatever aside from a house) is that you should have at least 10x that amount in the bank & investments.. or $5mil+

Your right, its a very low number for bank & investments. When you said bank, I thought you meant either hard cash only (not including investments), or even more so, had much I had put in the "bank" for my collectible pursuits.