• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I want to show off Ze-man's latest work....Batman #14

44 posts in this topic

Thats what I'm sayin. The last 3 I had done were 7.0, 7.0 and 6.5

To be fair, this book was in nice shape to begin with. The Brenda Starr and All American were low grade starting out.

Still, that is just fantastic Paul. Can't wait to see it in it's slab with notes and all, congrats to you !

What a great sight, a golden age book went from below a 5.0 to a 9.2 . This book has surely increased in value beyond it's total investment.

It was probably a 1.0 - 2.0 because the cover was detached

I totally get what you’re saying, it is technically low but I didn’t want to be the one to label it that low. I do think it was a really good candidate in that respect as it gave Kenny the potential to take the book far up the grade scale. I don’t want to over simplify the increase in grade though, it takes great skill to take a book like this and get CGC who is very strict on restoration work to give it such a high grade and Kenny’s skills sets the bar for all others higher ever time he does a book.

I am eager myself to start seeing my work go to CGC for grading so I can see how may work is progressing. I think that will start happening this year a little bit, I just want it to be some of my better work as there is no point in having one go to CGC if it is going to be a low apparent grade. Most of my own books are too low value and I can’t justify the submission fees so I have been waiting on other peoples books to make that investment for me. ;)