• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does mycomicshop care?

74 posts in this topic

After multiple mails and no answers from mycomicshop I thought it was time to check on the board. I have an affiliate program number but it doesn't seem to work. When somebody clicks on the link it opens with the nr in the url and then jumps to the main page. I know about 1 person who placed an order, but because of my affiliate nr not working I miss out on the reward $ towards my order. It is because of this person I know it isn't working.

I contacted mycomicshop about this for weeks (about a month now) and they don't answer any off my mails about this.

Anybody else who has/had this problem? Both the affiliate program not working and the unanswered mails?

They are loosing business as I will no longer order until I at least get some mail back from them. (I am looking at filling some gabs by ordering from them but I might have to look elsewhere soon)

thank you everybody for looking, testing the link (in my sig) and letting me know if they ever had any communication problems with mycomicshop

I clicked on the link in your signature but it loads fine and I can browse. I cannot see if your ID is tracked as it is dropped from the URL. Have you asked them if you need to use a different link?

I am having trouble with Midtown comics as I cannot even use the search. These companies redesigned their website and perhaps they don't have the internal support. Good luck but I would try calling them.

You can find many threads about them here and no they do not care. I only got a response to an issue after publicly putting them on blast at which point the owners son responded in a thread as if he cared to help and then privately gave me a bunch of B.S. and did nothing.

The customer service sucks over there and they way over-grade their books. They just sell such a large number that they really don't care. They also realize that most people won't follow all the way through with a return when it's a small stack of $3 books...

:censored: You MyComicShop!

I contacted mycomicshop about this for weeks (about a month now) and they don't answer any off my mails about this.

Conan/Mycomicshop (son of the owner) is a board member, and usually pops in here.

Mycomicshop

I'd send him a PM and let him know about your experience. Or, here is his email address.

drop me an email at webmaster@mycomicshop.com and let me know what's up.

They suck.

Other than mile high comics which is way overpriced, justified by a pricing algorithm, mycomicshop is the online store I usually deal with. I don't disagree that they sometimes over grade.

Please if you can give me a website that has good inventory at fair prices. Midtown comics seems to have insignificant back issues. (shrug)

I havn't bought much from them, but what I did purchase was handled very efficiently and with good customer attention. I even talked with Conan directly through these boards and pm, and thought he was a stand up guy.

Course I wasn't buying carp :baiting:

They suck.

Other than mile high comics which is way overpriced, justified by a pricing algorithm, mycomicshop is the online store I usually deal with. I don't disagree that they sometimes over grade.

Please if you can give me a website that has good inventory at fair prices. Midtown comics seems to have insignificant back issues. (shrug)

I wasn't referring to their books,i was replying to "their customer service/contact replies" as the OP was asking about,which seem to always either never get replied to,or are replied to with an answer that's no help.

I've asked multiple times to see "back cover" images of books for sale,either to get no reply,or "we don't do that" type of replies.

WTF is that? I'm asking to see the back of a $500 book,to decide if i want it,and i get the "we are too busy to scan backs and add to our Ebay listings...ect..."

Whatever...spent my money elsewhere...and LOTS of it.

http://fantasy-comics.com/

I have used them for a few years now. I know I have mentioned them before, but in case some of you guys missed it. You order 9.4 books, thats what you get. Never had a surprise. I never sent one book back. His back issues are a little steep but you get what you pay for. It's worth it to me because then I dont have to send half the order of over-graded books back and start searching again.

Dennis is a good guy to deal with. He usually gets back to you within 24 hours with an e-mail if you have a question. I have also called there several times and always gotten through. I have ordered hundreds of books from them. His grading is like F.T's. In fact that's who pointed me to this guy. Just my 2c.

DR.X

That's Dennis, who is also a board member. Quite a deep Ebay store, too.

Fantasy Comics

Every order I have placed has been rock-solid, and he inserts some fantastic freebies .

:cloud9:

Freebies huh. I'll have to talk to him about that. lol

DR.X

After multiple mails and no answers from mycomicshop I thought it was time to check on the board. I have an affiliate program number but it doesn't seem to work. When somebody clicks on the link it opens with the nr in the url and then jumps to the main page. I know about 1 person who placed an order, but because of my affiliate nr not working I miss out on the reward $ towards my order. It is because of this person I know it isn't working.

Anybody else who has/had this problem? Both the affiliate program not working and the unanswered mails?

They are loosing business as I will no longer order until I at least get some mail back from them. (I am looking at filling some gabs by ordering from them but I might have to look elsewhere soon)

thank you everybody for looking, testing the link (in my sig) and letting me know if they ever had any communication problems with mycomicshop

Hi,

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer to your inquiries. It's possible that either your emails to us or our reply to you ended up in a spam folder. Or we may have dropped the ball and failed to respond. If you forward me (webmaster@mycomicshop.com) your original inquiry, I'll follow up. As those who have seen be on the boards before know, you're always welcome to PM me or email me at webmaster@mycomicshop.com.

You should have an email now with your current affiliate program earnings. We show you with 3 recent referred orders, one in September and two in November. Let me know if that's not what you're expecting--as far as I know the affiliate program is working properly. When somebody arrives at a page with the affiliate number in the URL, it records the affiliate number and then reloads to the same page without the number. You shouldn't be missing out on anything, but I can see how that could be troubling. I'll change it back so the affiliate number will stay in the URL when you arrive at our site.

Hi,

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer to your inquiries. It's possible that either your emails to us or our reply to you ended up in a spam folder. Or we may have dropped the ball and failed to respond. If you forward me (webmaster@mycomicshop.com) your original inquiry, I'll follow up. As those who have seen be on the boards before know, you're always welcome to PM me or email me at webmaster@mycomicshop.com.

You should have an email now with your current affiliate program earnings. We show you with 3 recent referred orders, one in September and two in November. Let me know if that's not what you're expecting--as far as I know the affiliate program is working properly. When somebody arrives at a page with the affiliate number in the URL, it records the affiliate number and then reloads to the same page without the number. You shouldn't be missing out on anything, but I can see how that could be troubling. I'll change it back so the affiliate number will stay in the URL when you arrive at our site.

First of all thank you for your reaction here on the board. I just checked back and can now see I do indeed have some credit (it was $0 went I first wrote this topic). I'll drop you a PM too, but I wanted to let everybody know here that it has been taken care of.

They suck.

I wasn't referring to their books,i was replying to "their customer service/contact replies" as the OP was asking about,which seem to always either never get replied to,or are replied to with an answer that's no help.

I've asked multiple times to see "back cover" images of books for sale,either to get no reply,or "we don't do that" type of replies.

WTF is that? I'm asking to see the back of a $500 book,to decide if i want it,and i get the "we are too busy to scan backs and add to our Ebay listings...ect..."

You're right, we're not particularly flexible about responding to requests for more detail about a book. Our goal is to provide all the necessary detail up front, when we record and file the book. After that, books are filed in our warehouse, or, in the case of a $500 book, locked in a vault. At that point, it's not easy for our customer service staff to give you any more information about the book than what you can see for yourself in the listing--nor is that something we really want them doing. If the information is worth having, we should have recorded it at the beginning.

Of course, if we make a mistake and failed to provide important information about a $500 book, we absolutely should be flexible enough to respond and address it when it's brought to our attention. Looking at our current $500+ inventory, all the non-slabbed books I see have both a front and back scan. When you wanted to see the back cover image, was it a CGC book? For non-slabbed books, we provide front and back cover images for almost everything $50 and over (excluding TPBs and hardcovers, for example). For slabs, we typically only scan the front, but will soon be switching to providing front and back scans for those $100 and more.

They suck.

You're right, we're not particularly flexible about responding to requests for more detail about a book. Our goal is to provide all the necessary detail up front, when we record and file the book. After that, books are filed in our warehouse, or, in the case of a $500 book, locked in a vault. At that point, it's not easy for our customer service staff to give you any more information about the book than what you can see for yourself in the listing--nor is that something we really want them doing. If the information is worth having, we should have recorded it at the beginning.

Of course, if we make a mistake and failed to provide important information about a $500 book, we absolutely should be flexible enough to respond and address it when it's brought to our attention. Looking at our current $500+ inventory, all the non-slabbed books I see have both a front and back scan. When you wanted to see the back cover image, was it a CGC book? For non-slabbed books, we provide front and back cover images for almost everything $50 and over (excluding TPBs and hardcovers, for example). For slabs, we typically only scan the front, but will soon be switching to providing front and back scans for those $100 and more.

Yes,they were Slabbed books i was interested in at the time.

Thanks for addressing my post/concerns.

In my experience Conan is all smoke and mirrors. He will pop in a thread when they are being bashed enough but then privately he does nothing. He told me publicly that he would help resolve an issue and told people how he was helping me, then privately said he doesn't handle any of the day to day stuff and couldn't help at all...

Like I said they do such a large number of sales that they just can't be bothered with good customer service or proper grading. The also consider anyone on the CGC board "grade snobs" and have said before that they would rather us just not buy their books because most boardies expect NM when we buy NM... (tsk)

:censored: MCS & :censored: Conan (thumbs u