• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OA Portfolio

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys. Its come to the point in time when I have accumulated enough OA that I require some means of storing it well. I figured that a portfolio would be my best choice. A quick search yielded these two .

What is good/not good? Are there any other ones?

Thanks

I've always used Itoya, seen all the others and I like Itoya the best. They have a wide range of styles and sizes and if you watch sites like Jerry's and Utrecht.com you can find them on sale for 30-40% off retail at various times throughout the year.

With a little patience you can get them at a great price.

I've used PENWA and if you go in halfsies with a buddy you can get a great deal if you buy 6(or more).

Don't know what era od OA you collect, but my only suggestion is if you collect 11X17 art DON'T buy an 11X17 portfolio. The pages are too tight. Go a few inches larges for both width and height and you be alot happier (a little bigger IS better!)

I use the 13" X 19" Itoya Evolution. Picked one up at a show when I started collecting. Worked perfectly, so I ended up getting 5 more. Pretty sure they're still being made. I know a lot of collectors who use this model. Good luck!

i get itoya from hobby lobby. If you have one near you they have an online 40% coupon every other week which is awesome.

I do the exact same thing. I also get various sizes so if I'm getting an 8x10 it goes in the 8x10 (backer boards and small sketches), original modern art or 11x14 bristol page sketches go in the 11 x 17 book and then some of the other OA I have picked up has been too big for the 11 x 17 so I picked up the next size up. All at 40% off. This has been perfect so far. :)