• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ST 103...ANOTHER GRADING CONTEST! GUESS THE CGC GRADE!

32 posts in this topic

Waitaminute... now we're doin' labels too?!

:ohnoez:

Fine.

4.5 C/OW New Label with a small crack near the bottom left corner!

I think you missed what I was saying.

... no.

Just a bad attempt at humor. :sorry:

I guess no one is going to crack the 6.0 grade guess barrier...

I knew this one would be a m-f-er :o ...gift grade/new label??...cover is super clean except top spine corner little chip...CGC grade throws me on this one...it's a perfect book for my 6.0-ish focus for these but I'd be hard-pressed to give this a 6.5 if I was grading raw...in hand, for me, I'd go 5.5... (shrug)

The "stains" are really more like severe tanning splotches...not sure how that enters the equation...still...maybe CGC graded this one in the bag and never flipped over to the back cover... :insane: Still when you think of this as being a 3 grade average...was everyone a 6.5 or was there a 7.0 or higher to offset a grade lower than 5.5??

This would've made a great larger grading contest book to see how many people would've been derailed on it... :tonofbricks:

STRANGETALES103CGC65OW.jpg