• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Thor Trailer

56 posts in this topic

I don't see any reason to panic, they always release a 2D version as well, if you don't care for the 3D then just see the 2D (usually cheaper anyway!).

This is a joke right? We have two brand-spanking-new theaters nearby and both only show new releases in 3D. It's a profit deal, as ticket prices are insanely high for 3D, so they *force* you to pay the higher rate or not see it at all (or drive an hour to another suburb).

The only 2D movies they show are the ones without a 3D version so there really is no choice with newer theaters.

hmmm not my local theater, in fact currently they are showing both the 2D and 3D versions of Harry Potter and that new Disney film. But most people do attend the 3D version so the 2D doesn't stay as long.

Why all the 3D hating??? (shrug)

It is the cost? The glasses? The effect?

Because it's just a cash grab that adds no real substance to the movie most of the time.

Isn't the whole make a movie, sell tickets, release a DVD, etc all a grab for money? And when was the last time Hollywood gave us any "real substance"?

Just think how much extra 3D movies are stimulating the economy and creating jobs!! lol

I guess I'm just one of those people who really likes the 3D effect, keep them coming as far as I'm concerned. With Green Lantern, Thor, Tron, Spiderman 4, and at least 15 other 3D movies slated for next year I don't think it's going away anytime soon.

(forgot the upcoming new Alien film!)

It's a fair cash grab when the acting, story, production etc are top notch.

It's an unfair cash grab when they force you to pay more simply by adding 3D with the flick of a switch (ok not really, it's software but you get my point...it adds no value to the story) . It's also unfair that many theaters don't give you the choice. People that wear glasses (Lou does) makes it a big annoyance as well.

Once you've seen Avatar in 3D there is honestly no reason to ever see another movie in 3D again.

2c

Just watched this trailer for the first time now (couldn't see it earlier on).

Looks much better than that first trailer that they let out.

I'm excited and hope it's a decent watch.

I don't see any reason to panic, they always release a 2D version as well, if you don't care for the 3D then just see the 2D (usually cheaper anyway!).

This is a joke right? We have two brand-spanking-new theaters nearby and both only show new releases in 3D. It's a profit deal, as ticket prices are insanely high for 3D, so they *force* you to pay the higher rate or not see it at all (or drive an hour to another suburb).

The only 2D movies they show are the ones without a 3D version so there really is no choice with newer theaters.

That makes no sense. My local theaters show a movie on several screens at once some 3D some not. Sounds like your local theater owner is a greedy :censored:

Our family can't go to 3D movies because my oldest son is color blind, which--and I didn't realize this--prevents him from seeing 3D effects in movies...even the new kind, not just the old red/blue stuff. If it's 3D, it's blurry to him and gives him a headache.

On the other hand, being color blind means he thinks he's solved every Rubik's Cube.