• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holiday Sale at Graphic Collectibles

13 posts in this topic

Hey All,

Just a reminder that our Holiday Sale ends at midnight eastern time on Friday December 17th.

15% discount on all art and free shipping worldwide on all orders over $700 after the discount.

Unlike other websites, you can place orders immediately without having to wait to see if the art is available.

Everything you see on our site is available.

The website deletes the art as it is sold.

Click HERE to get to our site.

Thanks for looking.

I hope everyone has a Happy Holiday Season.

Best,

Mitch Itkowitz

Graphic Collectibles

Hey All,

15% discount on all art and free shipping worldwide on all orders over $700 after the discount.

Unlike other websites, you can place orders immediately without having to wait to see if the art is available.

Best,

Mitch Itkowitz

Graphic Collectibles

lol,

I always look forward to you Holiday Sale, as well as other dealer/reps Sales.

However, I don't mind a little wait as long as I get 40-50% off.

Well, that's a discount that will never happen on my site.

So you keep waiting.

What I was saying was your Sale does just fine on its own, no reason to knock others. They aren't competing directly with you. You have your artists, Sequential Treasures has theirs, The Artist's Choice has theirs.

You have 15% off and immediate sales confirmation.

Other sites give 40-50% off.

I can see the value in knowing right away, but I also value a giant cash discount at the expense of a little patience.

And NO I wasn't waiting for that discount from you. lol

Might be they don't rep the caliber of artists I rep.

40 - 50% discount?

Might as well give it away.

When you start discounting art at such a high %, it devalues the art.

Why would anyone buy the art at regular price when they know at some point they can get 1/2 off?

That's why the art market is flooded. Too much art, not enough buyers. And greed.

40 - 50% discount?

Why would anyone buy the art at regular price when they know at some point they can get 1/2 off?

That's why the art market is flooded. Too much art, not enough buyers. And greed.

From what I know, the artists decide their prices and the discounts they want to give.

Frankly, that's beside the point, I don't see anyone taking unprovoked shots shots at your sale here or or on Comic Art L, but I am seeing you do that to others. Why?

Does it have to be a "My is the Biggest" ("they don't rep the caliber of artists I rep")?

I think offering 15% and free shipping on larger orders is a sweet enough deal that you don't have to take pot shots at other sales. That's all I am saying. Doesn't make sense to invite comparison to another sale and in a derogatory way.

Lots of artists and art collectors may not be doing all that well financially these days. I don't suggest any artist leave high prices on his art for the sake of saying he's got high prices. They have to eat. I know plenty of collectors that have had to scale back tremendously and appreciate all the sales this time of year.

It doesn't look like either of them (artist or art collector ) are being greedy. One is making a sale that puts food on the table and the other is able to buy a piece they like at a price they can actually afford this time of year. It's a win-win that doesn't deserve the high hat.

40 - 50% discount?

From what I know, the artists decide their prices and the discounts they want to give.

95% of the time, I set the discount price as well as the retail price. However, I know that even at 15% discount, the artists I rep aren't very happy with me giving that much of a discount. That's why I took off about 100 pieces from the site.

Frankly, that's beside the point, I don't see anyone taking unprovoked shots shots at your sale here or or on Comic Art L, but I am seeing you do that to others. Why?

I wasn't taking shots at anyone. I was merely stating a fact. You take it the way you want.

Does it have to be a "My is the Biggest" ("they don't rep the caliber of artists I rep")?

If it is, my wife will be happier than she is now.

I think offering 15% and free shipping on larger orders is a sweet enough deal that you don't have to take pot shots at other sales. That's all I am saying. Doesn't make sense to invite comparison to another sale and in a derogatory way.

Lots of artists and art collectors may not be doing all that well financially these days. I don't suggest any artist leave high prices on his art for the sake of saying he's got high prices. They have to eat. I know plenty of collectors that have had to scale back tremendously and appreciate all the sales this time of year.

As do I, but selling at that large a discount, makes it harder to get retail prices once the economy come back.

It doesn't look like either of them (artist or art collector ) are being greedy. One is making a sale that puts food on the table and the other is able to buy a piece they like at a price they can actually afford this time of year. It's a win-win that doesn't deserve the high hat.

That's how you see. I see it a different way.