• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Collector Stereotypes

83 posts in this topic

Emotionally immature fanboys who can't handle a debate about anything without making it personal. (thumbs u

Emotionally immature fanboys who can't handle change without erupting into riots. (thumbs u

Emotionally immature fanboys who think anyone disagreeing with their dearly cherished notions....regardless of their validity...is a personal attack. (thumbs u

Emotionally immature fanboys. (thumbs u

lol I like the cut of your jib.

Fat, indolent, grotesque, nerdy, lazy, housebound, geeky, apolitical, less, clueless, arrested, smelly, socially inept, obsessive, solipsistic, irrationally nostalgic, cosplaying, ill-fitting tee-shirt wearing, unshaven, breadstick-armed, black-hearted dwarfs.
:roflmao:

Truth hurts?

:baiting:

Emotionally immature fanboys who can't handle a debate about anything without making it personal. (thumbs u

Emotionally immature fanboys who can't handle change without erupting into riots. (thumbs u

Emotionally immature fanboys who think anyone disagreeing with their dearly cherished notions....regardless of their validity...is a personal attack. (thumbs u

Emotionally immature fanboys. (thumbs u

lol I like the cut of your jib.

Thanks...I've been sailing quite a bit lately, so I may have to get a new jib soon...this one's rather wind-whipped...

;)

My favoritist CGC board event of all time is still the Great Board Format Change of 2006...when the coinees and others just quietly adapted, while there were riots, car burnings, and pictures of Steve Borock being burned in effigy in Comics General.

Stay classy, CG. Stay classy.

party_7.gif

I don't see what the big stigma with parent' s basements are (shrug)

1) It is below ground serving a multitude of purposes:

a) stays cool in summer

b) can keep out any light for late morning slumber

c) hurricane/bomb protection

2) It is rent controlled, and by rent controlled I mean free

3) It always seems to be under a Supermarket/Diner where anything you need is a fridge or kitchen cabinet away and stealing is never frowned upon

4) It affords privacy for lady-time......j/k basements are a repellant to the opposite sex

5) It affords privacy for personal private time.....not kidding that goes on a lot

6) It is a get out of jail free card for playing to many video games and collecting comics, just reference said basement and questions cease

7) There is usually easy access to a washer/dryer as they as well enjoy subterranean living

8) There are usually two other floors that marauders will ransack prior to venturing to the basement, possibly allowing for a law enforcement response

9) It allows you to be a cliche

10) It is a right of passage for entry into the comic collecting hobby

I don't see what the big stigma with parent' s basements are (shrug)

1) It is below ground serving a multitude of purposes:

a) stays cool in summer

b) can keep out any light for late morning slumber

c) hurricane/bomb protection

2) It is rent controlled, and by rent controlled I mean free

3) It always seems to be under a Supermarket/Diner where anything you need is a fridge or kitchen cabinet away and stealing is never frowned upon

4) It affords privacy for lady-time......j/k basements are a repellant to the opposite sex

5) It affords privacy for personal private time.....not kidding that goes on a lot

6) It is a get out of jail free card for playing to many video games and collecting comics, just reference said basement and questions cease

7) There is usually easy access to a washer/dryer as they as well enjoy subterranean living

8) There are usually two other floors that marauders will ransack prior to venturing to the basement, possibly allowing for a law enforcement response

9) It allows you to be a cliche

10) It is a right of passage for entry into the comic collecting hobby

:roflmao: Mom, Dad, I'm moving back home :grin:

:blahblah:... solipsistic ...:blahblah:

Was I the only one who had to refer to a dictionary for this? (:

I just figured it was some hoity-toity Brit word so I didn't bother. Looked it up now lol

Reminds me of a time in High School when I ate some special brownies and thought this way

Andy the scholar. If his pants don't make you roll your eyes, his vocabulary will.

:kidaround:

My favoritist CGC board event of all time is still the Great Board Format Change of 2006...when the coinees and others just quietly adapted, while there were riots, car burnings, and pictures of Steve Borock being burned in effigy in Comics General.

Stay classy, CG. Stay classy.

party_7.gif

658496-Trial.jpg

Sadly, the stereotype of comic collectors having bad hygiene/smelling bad is something that gets reinforced almost every time I go to a shop during a big sale or at cons.

Okay, I took my wife to her first SDCC and when in line to get a sig from Romita Jr this guy kept turning around to talk to his friends....

His breath was sooooo bad, my wife almost barfed and left me alone to deal with it :(

Sadly, the stereotype of comic collectors having bad hygiene/smelling bad is something that gets reinforced almost every time I go to a shop during a big sale or at cons.

Okay, I took my wife to her first SDCC and when in line to get a sig from Romita Jr this guy kept turning around to talk to his friends....

His breath was sooooo bad, my wife almost barfed and left me alone to deal with it :(

That sounds bad :sick:

Wonder why his "friends" didn't tell him ?

Fat, indolent, grotesque, nerdy, lazy, housebound, geeky, apolitical, less, clueless, arrested, smelly, socially inept, obsessive, solipsistic, irrationally nostalgic, cosplaying, ill-fitting tee-shirt wearing, unshaven, breadstick-armed, black-hearted dwarfs.

lol unbelievable.

How are you able to arrive at such a concise description of me without us ever meeting ... (shrug)

I'm not a dwarf :sumo:

I can't disagree. Everytime my LCS has a sale and it's crowded, there is always the obese guy with a backpack that smells like old towels that were forgotten in the washing machine for a few days.

This probably applies to a multitude of retail situations, but we are on a comic board, so.