• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Before I do...

5 posts in this topic

..make my book submission, just a question. I have chosen not to get membership just yet, because I am only sending in Moderns at this time. That having been said, I am chosing between submission through an online service like this link:

submissions

or my friendly neighborhood lcs. I just want to know what the difference would be if I sent the book in myself or used the lcs? And does the lcs usually charge a separate fee for sending in the book?

Looks like ComicsPriceGuide offers the full 20 percent off.

There are some others that offer 20 percent off. (I used Heritage a year ago without any hitches.)

Basically you fill in some forms on their website, print out 4 copies of the resulting paperwork, pack up your books and include 3 copies in the shipment, send it off, and wait 3 or 4 months. You DON'T have to send the books certified mail by the way - way too expensive. They will accept shipments priority mail, Fedex, UPS, any way you want to do it.

I notice that Heritage and ComicPriceGuide use the exact same processing method. So I guess it doesnt matter which one I go through. Has anyone gone through ComicPriceGuide for submissions?

I notice that Heritage and ComicPriceGuide use the exact same processing method. So I guess it doesnt matter which one I go through. Has anyone gone through ComicPriceGuide for submissions?

It all goes to CGC's site for processing anyway. All that really matters is the 20% off.