• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Madness Must End

174 posts in this topic

Same with me at NYCC, however if you stood in line got the free signing ticket and got the Desertwind CAW to witness when Stan signed you only had to pay CGC slabing costs. Around a dozen people did it at one of his signing events.

No one told me about that part. :mad: :mad:

Did you come by our booth at the show and ask us? We don't charge our mail in submission fee if you stand in a public Stan Lee line. We charge our normal con price (i.e. Modern tier = $35) + a $5 fee. We only charge our mail in submission fee for people who mail in or drop off their books and don't want to stand in line. We have been doing it that way since we starting witnessing the Stan Lee public signings going back to Pittsburgh 09.

But I must add something to it. First-of-all, that's not true. I actually wanted to stand online and get a Stan Lee signature in person for my X-Men #1 at NYCC. My X-Men #1 is not a high grade book, but it's still $1,700 book. And I would've like it to be a CGC SS. But no one from CGC would do that with me, probably the lines was too long. But Stan Lee was signing for FREE on all 3 days at NYCC. Every time I've asked Joe Pierson about it, he would tell me only Desert Wind Comics is taking Stan Lee Signings. So what was the point of me buying a weekend pass for NYCC? Just so I can submit in person and pay the same price if I wasn't attending the con? I'm already at the con, why make me pay for his signature when he is signing for free. (shrug)

I did stand online to get another "LEE" signature though. I stood online for 2 and 1/2 hours just to get Jim Lee to sign my X-Men original art and he did just that. Too bad I can't say the same for Todd Mcfarlane. I stood on his line on Saturday for 1 and 1/2 hours and when I got up there, he refused to sign my Hulk Original Art. He said he was only signing the poster of some movie he was promoting. The worse part about it was, it was the second time he did that to me. So I'm pretty much done with buying his stuff or paying for his signatures.

I agree with the McFarlane sentiments. I tried to get his signature for years and kept getting shot down. I understand keeping your obligations but he was just a jerk about it. When I finally got him (after standing in line a obscene amount of time, and waiting while he stopped signing to do an interview) I thanked him for staying passed his signing time and didn't even acknowledge me.

Now Jim Lee, completely different story. Great respect for artists that treat fans WITH respect. I know you guys rag on Liefeld, but every time he signed a book for me, it was when I caught him on the floor of a Con. Cool guy and hasn't said no yet. :signofftopic:

McFarlane has been treating fans like a d-bag for a long time. He has way too big of an ego in comparison to his accomplishments. About a year ago I want back a took a look at his ASM work again and quite frankly IMO it doesn't hold up well. It looks sloppy and amateurish. It's a pretty fair bet that no matter how difficult it is to get a Todd SS book or how in demand they may be you'll never see one in my collection. He's just flat out overrated. And an unappreciative to boot. rantrant

For me...

STAN = MARVEL

and so much more

I'm getting a Stan SS for Xmas - an Alpha Flight #1. It will be the only SS of my AF set and I'm lovin' it! Of course, I'd love to get Jim Lee to sign #51 (his first published art at Marvel) or a Byrne sig on any issue 1-28 (I know - good luck on that one) but the #1 will mean a lot to me.

To each his own.

For me...

STAN = MARVEL

and so much more

I'm getting a Stan SS for Xmas - an Alpha Flight #1. It will be the only SS of my AF set and I'm lovin' it! Of course, I'd love to get Jim Lee to sign #51 (his first published art at Marvel) or a Byrne sig on any issue 1-28 (I know - good luck on that one) but the #1 will mean a lot to me.

To each his own.

I have a feeling JB might do some shows this year. His relaunch of Next Men is out and I believe they even made a sketch cover....

For me...

STAN = MARVEL

and so much more

To each his own.

I have a feeling JB might do some shows this year. His relaunch of Next Men is out and I believe they even made a sketch cover....

:wishluck:

I think Next Men #1 was solicited with a "sketch variant" but it turned out to be a variant cover with a white background.