• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

are early Valiants making a comeback?

98 posts in this topic

I just got a NM Solar #1 on Saturday for $1.00. acclaim.gif

What did you think?

(Or have you read it before?)

Please Greg, let's be serious here...OF COURSE I READ IT BEFORE!! In fact, I've been visiting your site since you set it up (long before you introduced a message board) and I used to check out the Valiant Revisited site before that.

Thanks for the site Greg!

I needed a clean copy of this one because I made Shooter scribble his name on my only other copy last October. (and my Magnus 0!) 893applaud-thumb.gif

Please Greg, let's be serious here...OF COURSE I READ IT BEFORE!! In fact, I've been visiting your site since you set it up (long before you introduced a message board) and I used to check out the Valiant Revisited site before that.

I guess I was asking you to tell us what you think of the story,

since everyone already knows what I think. thumbsup2.gif

I made a return trip to the same shop and hit the lotto once again. This next hoard could go down in as my greatest one day haul!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Here is what I dug out of the boxes and again everything was cover price or less:

Deathmate Blue (Gold) 2 copies

Deathmate Yellow (gold)

Deathmate Epilogue (Gold)

PSI-Lords #1 (Gold) 2 copies

Magnus Robot Fighter # 4 w/Cards 4 copies

Magnus Robot Fighter #3 w/cards 5 copies

Rai #33

Solar #11

Punx #3

Acclaim stuff all $1 dollar a piece.

Ninjak #1 Retailer Review $1

Magnus #1 Retailer Review $1

X-O Manowar Retailer review $1

Now I know it's tuff to believe that I was able to walk into one shop and grabed these up like modern day crappola, but I have included pictures to show off these finds!!!

solar6.jpg

solar6a.jpg

magnus1.jpg

magnus2.jpg

valiantgold.jpg

valiantgold2.jpg

Now I know it's tuff to believe that I was able to walk into one shop and grabed these up like modern day crappola, but I have included pictures to show off these finds!!!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Are you thinking they are modern day crappola.... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Are you thinking they are modern day crappola.... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Well, you can't blame him if he's focused on the Deathmate books, right? grin.gif

After all, they're half Image... and it's not possible to be half-crappola, is it? 27_laughing.gif

i have a version of deathmate that i wasn't able to find on your site.

its the same as this one http://www.valiantcomics.com/valiant/CD/vh1/Deathmate/deathmate1gold.jpg

except its got silver foil. maybe its on the site, but i couldn't figure which one its was in the list... would this silver version be a common variant or regular edition?

great site btw thumbsup2.gif

i have a version of deathmate that i wasn't able to find on your site.

its the same as this one http://www.valiantcomics.com/valiant/CD/vh1/Deathmate/deathmate1gold.jpg

except its got silver foil. maybe its on the site, but i couldn't figure which one its was in the list... would this silver version be a common variant or regular edition?

great site btw thumbsup2.gif

The silver edition is the regular version.

deathmate1.jpg

Check out this auction on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60213&item=2237522362&rd=1

A complete run of the Valiant Universe (excluding the Bloodshot #0 Platinum which the seller sold/traded offline) is up for sale right now and bidding is over $1,200. It will be interesting to see where this one ends up.......

A complete run of the Valiant Universe (excluding the Bloodshot #0 Platinum which the seller sold/traded offline)

Why wasn't the Bloodshot 0 included? With that one in the lot plenty of crazy bidders would have joined the party wouldn't they?

He sold that one buy itself, which was probably a pretty smart move. It's not technically part of the normal Valiant Universe since it was a printing error, so you don't have to have that book to own the complete Universe.

A lot of people that have the entire Universe want the Bloodshot platinum, but wouldn't want to buy an entire set to get that one book.

I have been waiting for the day Valiants would make a comeback. I met Jim Shooter and Paul Fairchild in the early 1990's in the Diamond Atlanta trade show (Diamond's last BIG trade show for comic dealers) and remember how Mr. Shooter said that he knew his older Valiant stories would do better in the future than the current glut of comics at that time. Paul Fairchild was the Marketing director for Valiant (Gold books, Platinum, other Incentive books) and convinced me to obtain a bizarre goal: Get 20 runs of Pre-Unity Valiant and keep them stashed away. I still have those 20 runs of Pre-Unity Valiant and the 20 of EACH GOLD BOOK I actually earned with knowledge of each character at that time. I also own the Ninjak original Art used for Wizard Magazine almost 10 years ago (Ninjak against Gold shield background) and own the original covers for some Valiant comics (Magnus/Rai flipcover book, few others).

I will get some of the books I have more than 20 copies graded, but I remember that Rai #3 and Rai #4 were the two LOWEST PRINTED regular books according to Fairchild. I do remember seeing over 20 cases of Rai #0 sitting at a Canadian Distributor's Comic warehouse (Styx International) and he was selling them at $10 each in the early 90's.

Thanks all, if you have any particular Valiant questions about their comics, please feel free to ask me. laugh.gif

comicman

Toymaniac on eBay

comicman@grnet.com

Goldmine Comics & Cards, Inc.

65 54th Street SW

Grand Rapids, MI 49548-5682

...and own the original covers for some Valiant comics (Magnus/Rai flipcover book, few others).

893whatthe.gifacclaim.gifthumbsup2.gif

I know of a few people who've been wondering what happened to those...

Nice to meet you!

flowerred.gif