• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is "Grade Text"?

11 posts in this topic

OK, this is probably a stupid question but what the heck is "Grade Text"?

When i check my order status on CGC's site, it has "Grade", then "PQ", and then "Grade Text". The Grade text is the same as the grade on my graded books.

Is that something different than the grade??? ???

It is an interesting question.

The "grade text" is the numerical grade the book will recieve on the label,that's it,i don't think there is any current hidden meaning.It is wierd that there is a "grade" area,then also a "grade text" area....but i've never seen the two be different numbers.

It may have had to do with when CGC use to place "NM,NM-,VF/NM,ect..." on the labels,and that's where it was on that form.

They changed their labels,excluding the "text grade",but left the form the same,and just place the numerical grade there now as well.

That's the best i can come up with.

That grade can change until the book is listed as "shipped/safe",keep that in mind.

I'll venture a guess and say it's just the template used for inputting grades. When they go to enter a score in the system, it reads "Grade Text" before they actually put a grade in. Why you're seeing it, I don't know. Again, just a guess.

Thank you! That actually makes sense now.

I dont think i have any slabs with notes for them so thats why i never saw anything in the "grade Text" when i look them up.

Thanks again! (thumbs u