• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Looking for ideas/advice......

24 posts in this topic

Can I have a lift, I want to get to the day November 5th, 1955...that's the day I invented time trav...err.. better make that May 16th, 1977. I think I'd be first in line to aquire a little known collection from a guy named Edgar Church. 27_laughing.gif

Timely

shocked.gif That's QUITE a responsibility!! Are you sure you can bear the mantle of single-handedly keeping the hobby afloat like Chuck likes to claim he's done? When you got back to the future, there might not BE any more comics without Chuck's Church-fueled influence over the decades! 893whatthe.gifsorry.gif

Forget the Edgar Church collection.....just go back in time to the newstands and make your own pedigree for 10 cents a copy.

But that would require jumping around in time to get all those issues as they came out. One stop shopping with the Church collection AND they could be had for LESS than cover price. 27_laughing.gif

Haven't been able to post or read much in the last 2-3 weeks, as I'm insanely busy with the new business. Have I missed any good flame wars/conspiracy theories?

Anyway, I'm looking for some serious advice from the great minds on this forum. I've had an idea for an electoronic device, and I just finished building the prototype. The prototype is in working order and ready to go, but I have no clue how to proceed with it. I don't have the time or resources to manufacture and distribute it myself, and I've discovered that getting a patent would likely be very useless in this situation. It's a potentially HUGE market, and will be immitated in no time, so I'm looking to capitalize on it as quickly and quietly as possible. So how would you guys proceed in this situation? Any help or advice would be greatly apreciated.

P.S: Do not ask me what the idea is. I don't trust the gypsies, tramps and theives among us. grin.gif

My brother-in-law is a patent attorney in the Silicon Valley area. In general, a patent will cost you around $10-15k and take at least a couple of years. (I've been part of some patents and they DO take a long time.. especially if you file internationally as well.)

It's probably well worth it since you'll at least be able to use a "patent pending" clause should you actually begin marketing it.

Just make sure there's no prior art. If it IS easy to duplicate, then you definitely need a patent that will hold up in court.