• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGG Universal = CGC Restored

377 posts in this topic

There is some discussion going on in another thread about whether there are any documented cases of CGG missing restoration and tdcomixncardz involvement in the whole situation. So far everything has been conjecture and theory. Well I thought this would be an appropriate time to post evidence and not theory. I bought the following books from Tdcomix about 3 1/2 months ago.

cgglabels.jpg

I just got them back from CGC on Monday. Here they are in all their glory. 893naughty-thumb.gif893frustrated.gif

asm68_1.jpg

mtu1_1.jpg

I talked to Daniel of CGG yesterday. He said that he remembers the books and is confident that they are unrestored. He claims that the Spidey came from a sealed 3-pack. I was under the impression that 3-packs can be opened and resealed if you know what you are doing so I don't take that as evidence that a book is automatically unrestored. Daniel wanted me to send the books back to him so that they can look at them again and possibly send them to a neutral 3rd party for a resto check. The books were sent back today. Needless to say that I'm very curious how CGG handles this.

There are 3 possible conclusions to draw from this.

1. CGG is missing resto, tdcomix is a crook and is exploiting this

2. CGC is jumping at shadows and grading something as restored if there's even the slightest doubt

3. CGG and tdcomix are one and the same

I vote for #1 but how CGG handles this will go a long way to determine my final decision.

Daniel wanted me to send the books back to him so that they can look at them again and possibly send them to a neutral 3rd party for a resto check. The books were sent back today. Needless to say that I'm very curious how CGG handles this.

Just get your money back & run. gossip.gif

Well, it's not that easy. I can't get the money back from tdcomix because he'll fall back on the "it was professionally graded" excuse. When Daniel asked me what I expected of CGG, I told him that I expected that CGG should buy the books back from me for the price that I originally paid for them. This is where I'm curious to see how CGG handles it.

Well, it's not that easy. I can't get the money back from tdcomix because he'll fall back on the "it was professionally graded" excuse. When Daniel asked me what I expected of CGG, I told him that I expected that CGG should buy the books back from me for the price that I originally paid for them. This is where I'm curious to see how CGG handles it.

In that case, I HOPE you get your money back but I seriously doubt CGG would do it. Can you imagine the precedence that would set? Good Lord, they would have to do that for every restored book that managed to slip through undetected. It would put them out of business. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif