• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody have an interior scan of Ms Grundy from Pep #30?

13 posts in this topic

It's a comic-book death. She'll be back in 6-12 months with some multi-part cross-over event.

:roflmao:

I don't even think her death will effect anything outside of the Life With Archie canon. Afterall, that comic takes place after Archie marries Betty/Veronica, so it won't impact the other titles, which still take place while everyone is in high school.

That being said, I'm proud of Archie for becoming so...grown up all of the sudden.

That being said, I'm proud of Archie for becoming so...grown up all of the sudden.

I read comics to get away from "grown up" stuff.... :sorry:

Oh hon. :foryou:

I wish they had saved her death for a later time. Archie has had one heckuva year, and it seems unfair to kill of a mainstay character after all of the media hype Archie has been getting. (Or on the flip side, that is one way to end a great year.)

I read comics to get away from "grown up" stuff.... :sorry:

I've always read Archie's for the same reason but I have to admit that I like the new storylines.

I've read Archie so long (like since 1970) that I like seeing the characters evolve. Like so many fictional characters, the longer you read about them and become familiar with them, the more realistic they seem. I know that for me that after 40 years of reading Archie, I like to see the "what if" scenarios to see where their lives might go.

Archie has been a tight knit, family run company for decades with most of the same creative people working on the characters for decades. I think most of them stay with Archie because they have a fondness for the characters. From comments that I've seen, I think that they've had the same desire to follow the characters into their adult lives and these new storylines give them that opportunity.

And like was mentioned already, these are "what if" and have no impact on the regular series.