• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you guys do???

160 posts in this topic

Alright, i've made up my mind. I just ran next door to the post office and grabbed a priority mail box to ship it back. As much as it pains me to let it go, i'm just going to bite the damn bullet and return it :( I just cant let that scumbag have my extra $$$ knowing he got one over on me! The book will always be tainted in my eyes and i wont ever be able to fully enjoy it. I'll always be thinking about him laughing at me all the way to the bank :mad:

Ok, so last question. I sure as hell aint sending it back slabbed, i'm going to at least keep the label for posterity.

So how exactly do you crack open one of these puppies???

Now lets just pray i dont change my mind for the millionth time tonight! lol

Does it need to be in the slab to verify the reason for your dissatisfaction ?GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I dont think so. he's refunding my $ regardless from our email exchange.

Really, the only reason to crack it is to maybe keep the sig info from him. From our emails, i dont think that he knew they were signed and it wasnt advertised. maybe he still wont know if i crack it. I dont want him using that to try and squeeze more out of the next insufficiently_thoughtful_person that buys it from him.

2 copies at 8.5 on the Worldwide website .....GOD BLESS...

Oh man! That's EXACTLY what i am worried about!!!

2 grand for an 8.5?!? That's $300 more than an 8.5 has EVER sold for according to GPA! The 12 month average for an 8.5 is $1277 and they want 2k for one??? :tonofbricks:

I have a very, VERY bad feeling thats it's going to be a LOOOONG time before i ever get another Xmen 2 if at all :cry:

hey, I have my 7.0 for 10 years...and it looks just fine. I have thought about upgrading is for years and each time I looked the price...I can't justify paying that much.

well, WW tend to be at the high end in pricing so what they are asking isn't what you have to pay...Cheetah bought plenty for WW so perhaps he can give you some advices on negotiating a reasonable price (thumbs u

hey, I have my 7.0 for 10 years...and it looks just fine. I have thought about upgrading is for years and each time I looked the price...I can't justify paying that much.

well, WW tend to be at the high end in pricing so what they are asking isn't what you have to pay...Cheetah bought plenty for WW so perhaps he can give you some advices on negotiating a reasonable price (thumbs u

Thats good to know!

i've never dealt with WW but i didnt see any kind of make an offer or anything like that. I guess i can call and make an offer. I would definitely need to see better scans either way. Those scans are POO POO! lol You cant even enlarge them. When you click on them, it just makes a bigger window with the same size scan (shrug)

Metro has a 9.2, 9.0, and 8.5......the 9.2 is old label, and the 9.0...while C/OW, looks to be nice and closer to OW looking at the scan. It's 2300 and Metro is very cool about time payments. GOD BLESS...

P.S. You're probbly not going to find an 8.5 for 1200....last year X-men were soft...probably due to the recession.

Metro has a 9.2, 9.0, and 8.5......the 9.2 is old label, and the 9.0...while C/OW, looks to be nice and closer to OW looking at the scan. It's 2300 and Metro is very cool about time payments. GOD BLESS...

P.S. You're probbly not going to find an 8.5 for 1200....last year X-men were soft...probably due to the recession.

No, i understand that and like i said, i'm not looking to set the GPA alltime low buying one. I also dont want to set the alltime GPA high buying one either though!

The fact that pretty much every single HG Xmen2 that any of you guys have linked for me are being sold for WAY more than any other recorded GPA sale is VERY worrisome! This is why despite everything bad about the book, i still want to keep it.

WW has 2 8.5 asking about 15% more than ANY recorded GPA sale EVER.

Metro's 8.5, same thing 15% higher than ANY previous sale.

Metro's 9.0 with C/OW pages!, is higher than most GPA 9.0's in the last 8 years and it has C/OW PQ!!!

Metro's 9.2 is 50% higher than the 90 day average and would be the highest 9.2 GPA sale EVER!

Comicconnects 9.0 again with COW PQ, above any recent GPA at $2600.

Clinks 8.5 with ow PQ, is asking 3K!!! and the rejected bid of $1500 so far is already over recent GPA.

For a book that isn't "hot or rare" people sure as hell seem to want a LARGE premium to give theirs up!

This SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! :frustrated:

No, i paid over $1200 for it unfortunately ;)

Overstreet says $1330 and you have it signed by two of the all-time greats.

And these are signatures that robojo didn't know about (though I am sure he does know).

If you're not beyond a premium addition (for the sigs) from $1330 and if you can view the signatures as a burn against robojo -- (shrug)

I've never done sigs so i dont know what a premium addition for there 2 sigs would normally cost.

I am a decent amount above $1330 on the book but GPA's numbers are much lower than Overstreets guide price. I dont know what the hell to think anymore. From what i'm seeing on all these different sites you guys have linked for me, apparently GPA's numbers are meaningless as well since everyone is asking WAY over GPA for their 8.5's and above.

I thought i got ripped off HUGE on the book according to GPA but percentage wise, what i paid robo over GPA isnt very far off from what all these other sites are asking (shrug)

Apparently!

I cant really read the small crappo scan on WW's site but their 8.5 #2 looks like it says "jack Kirby" written on 1st page.

Actually, you can enlarge the scans??? for some reason, it wouldnt do that on my work computer. theirs say Jack kirby and StanLee91 written on 1st page, exactly like mine ???

WOW!! Thats really odd!

WW's 8.5 that jimbo linked has Jack Kirby and Stan Lee91 written on 1st page, EXACTLY like mine.

Theirs has a visible color breaking spine stress just below the word bubble on the spine 1/2 inch below the word style, EXACTLY like mine.

Theirs has another visible color breaking spine stress about 1/2 inch above cyclops shoulder, EXACTLY like mine.

They both also have 3 small color breaking stresses on cyclops thigh.

They both look centered exactly the same way and they both slant slightly down to the right.

All four corners on the front corner look REMARKABLY similar. Their bottom inside corner might have a tiny bit less wear, maybe.

If i didnt know any better, i would SWEAR that is my book. They are almost identical ??? It's amazing how similar they are!

WOW!! Thats really odd!

WW's 8.5 that jimbo linked has Jack Kirby and Stan Lee91 written on 1st page, EXACTLY like mine.

Theirs has a visible color breaking spine stress just below the word bubble on the spine 1/2 inch below the word style, EXACTLY like mine.

Theirs has another visible color breaking spine stress about 1/2 inch above cyclops shoulder, EXACTLY like mine.

They both also have 3 small color breaking stresses on cyclops thigh.

They both look centered exactly the same way and they both slant slightly down to the right.

All four corners on the front corner look REMARKABLY similar. Their bottom inside corner might have a tiny bit less wear, maybe.

If i didnt know any better, i would SWEAR that is my book. They are almost identical ??? It's amazing how similar they are!

Maybe that's an outdated listing and it is the same book....where Robo got it from.

Based on how similar they look, I would almost believe that!

I've never dealt with WW and don't know anything about them but I find it hard to believe that they still have a book listed for sale that robo must have bought from them at least 3 months ago.

I emailed WW for a "best price" on their 8.5's so we'll see what they say. If they tell me that one is sold and an old listing, I would bet just about anything that they are the same book. It's really amazing how similar the two are!

hm

The "signed" 8.5 WW has on their site sold on April 18, 2010 for $1525 according to GPA. They couldn't possibly still have that listed on their site for sale if it sold in April could they???