• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which boardies do you want to give a shout out to this year?

202 posts in this topic

I feel the same about all of you so there is no need for me to name names in a shouting manner.

You know who you are.

They know who they are.

I remain,

Your humble indexer.

What??? We CAN'T HEAR YOU! WHAT DID YOU SAY??!? SPEAK UP!

thanks Andrew :foryou: lets see how we do at the current grading contest :slapfight:

For sure Andrew is one person I would love to hang out with if I have a chance to chat about comic books and life in general.

Since I am a high grade snob...big shout out to the 2 below

Cheetah & DocJoe..not because they bought a bunch of slabs but they both have such an amazing collection that I love to look at whenever they posted new acquisitions or whatever they have in their collections..Heck I can't recall skipping any of their posts about new books because I know it will contain something great.

Foolkiller and FT for great sale threads and fair/excellent grading and prices.

I'd like to give a shout out to MI5, Utah, GL1, Buddy the Elf, my wife(she's driving me nuts as I type this, stop moving the furniture!!!!), Pattie Cakes, Kelly Brook, Pancake and all the rest of my homies. May all of your Christmas Holiday dreams come true.

part21am.gif

I'd like to give a big shout out to Decepticon for recapping threads all year long.. very thoughtful guy who doesn't have to do it, but does. Keep up the good work .. just remember who mentioned you buddy! (tsk)

Back to our regularly scheduled program............

Foolkiller - The leader of the comic mafia familia... what can I say.. one of the best overall board members here. thanks for all the great deals that you've provided to all of us here. (worship)

Greg Reese (gregreece) - It was a pleasure to finally have met you this year. I'm glad to have a friend like you.. see you more at the local shows bud! <-- one person I got to cut back on buying from.. always has something I want! :ohnoez:

Flaming_Telepath - I consider him the head honcho of the U.K.- awesome books, great pricing.. top notch guy :applause:

ft88, namigsr, cd4ever, october, *spoon* pontoon, dale roberts, blue808, r1970d, G.A.Tor - these guys never get the recognition they deserve. You guys are like the backbone of the forums. I have a lot of respect for you all. Sorry if I left out any others, but there are tons of others out there I'm forgetting. :sorry:

Bob Storms - How can I forget the Godfather.. funny and great guy to be around. (Had to say something nice about Bob) :insane:

cheetah, jiveturkeymofo - You guys always have the HG books I want :cloud9: , but can't really afford. You guys adopting? :P

frankbearss - For keeping the X-Men registry fun and competitive. I hate you... jk lol

Mr. Mylar - Mike, that's for the sketch op.. how to see you again next year!

Danny Cruz - Thanks for doing the sketches.. can't wait to see them in hand! :banana:

A hugh thanks to all my supporters / buyers / friends that I've met along the way. You guys make the hobby enjoyable again!

More being added as I think of them.............

I'd like to give a shout out to MI5, Utah, GL1, Buddy the Elf, my wife(she's driving me nuts as I type this, stop moving the furniture!!!!), Pattie Cakes, Kelly Brook, Pancake and all the rest of my homies. May all of your Christmas Holiday dreams come true.

part21am.gif

Lay off the crack.

I don't like to single out people for praise in public but I would like to thank

Fazy and Cimm for mentioning me and I would like to wish everyone a wonderful

Christmas.

This place has its problems but I consider it the finest community of hobbiests

I've ever met. Individually you are wonderful and collectively you are a community.

Thanks for the shout outs, gang!

(worship)

I love this place just as much as you all do. Maybe more!

I'd just like to agree with Brian...big shout out to all board members. Each of you (well everyone except for Seeburger and Pat :baiting: ) brought something to the table. Even RMA. :insane:

Those of you that I have gotten to know a little better (whoah, back up there bromantic forumites (tsk) ) through dinners, PMs, phone calls, con chats or just my trolling on here, you know who you are.

Let's work to make this a better place (obligatory hippie line)

Oh, and long live the Water Cooler!!!!!!!

:whee:

:shy:

I'd like to give a big shout out to Decepticon for recapping threads all year long.. very thoughtful guy who doesn't have to do it, but does. Keep up the good work .. just remember who mentioned you buddy! (tsk)

Well deserved! One of the most generous boardies. I hate long sales threads where you don't make an appearance!

I'd just like to give a shout out to all of you knuckleheads.

Every one of you make this place something special.

Admit it, you were just too lazy to type out names. :baiting:

K-N-U-C-K-L-E-H-E-A-D-S

OK, I thought about doing a short shout out but there are just too many that I'd like to mention. I won't remember to mention everyone that I'd like to so sorry to anyone that I miss out.

I was going to do one column for friends and people that I like and one column for people that I deal with but the lines cross too much, so everyone is in together. You all know why you're there.

Nik, Korvac Saga, DR X, Evilsly, Cheetah, Dikran, Tempus Fugitivus, Bill Breck, Goldust40, 1koko, T3quila, Boozad, Mr Diggler, Dr Watson, Bomber Bob, Trmoore54, Peter Loves Gwen, Mys1313, Jimjum12, Captain Of Industry, Cpannel, Collector Bill, Seanfingh, Mark 1, Thirdgreenham, Mr Zipper, IncHulkFan, nmtg9, Osborn_fr, MLMeade, Green, -Cryptkeeper-, Hockey&ComicsGuy and everybody else.

..... and particular shout out to my good friends on the boards - Comicopolis, Flaming Telepath. DrewInCanada, Gaz2810i

Back to our regularly scheduled program............

Foolkiller - The leader of the comic mafia familia... what can I say.. one of the best overall board members here. thanks for all the great deals that you've provided to all of us here. (worship)

Greg Reese (gregreece) - It was a pleasure to finally have met you this year. I'm glad to have a friend like you.. see you more at the local shows bud! <-- one person I got to cut back on buying from.. always has something I want! :ohnoez:

Flaming_Telepath - I consider him the head honcho of the U.K.- awesome books, great pricing.. top notch guy :applause:

ft88, namigsr, cd4ever, october, *spoon* pontoon, dale roberts, blue808, r1970d - these guys never get the recognition they deserve. You guys are like the backbone of the forums. I have a lot of respect for you all. Sorry if I left out any others, but there are tons of others out there I'm forgetting. :sorry:

Bob Storms - How can I forget the Godfather.. funny and great guy to be around. (Had to say something nice about Bob) :insane:

A hugh thanks to all my supporters / buyers / friends that I've met along the way. You guys make the hobby enjoyable again!

How could I have forgotten decepticon? doh! He generously gives of his own time to give us a list of everything left in everyones sales threads.....including mine. And never asks for one thing in return. It can be a huge undertaking, and this is one boardie who very much appreciates it. (worship)

Big Thanks and Shout Out , in no particular order, to the following for various reasons,

Cheetah, Ghost Town, topnotchman, cosmic farmboy, comic4fun, howardtheduck, drewincanada, etanik, bob-storms, Stephen, Josh, Douglas and seanfingh

Happy Collecting in 2011

In no particular order (well not much of one) but a shout goes out from me to

Gaz973, Comicopolis, Flaming Telepath, djc81, dhurley1125, NewEnglandGothic, Kathryn, Cheetah, Goldust40, 1koko, T3quila, Boozad, Comix4fun, DeafMuteComics, Senormac, cheryllynn, Firefly, Evilash, Billy the Kidd, jokerfish...

...there are more but I am sorry if I have forgotten anyone

I wasnt going to do this since I was only added in one post as an uncontributing member (FU Roy)..

My shout outs go to the people who actually make this place worth visiting. The guys who are both entertaining posters, great detectives, and genuinely good hearted people. I will say this place has a sense of community I have never seen elsewhere, and after my two years I am still proud to be here. My list, and it's a good one.

Tupenny Conan- You find friends in enemies. I feel Bill and I will never agree on anything except music and the importance of family and friends.

Joeypost- One of my favorite forumites. I always look forward to speaking with, great guy.

Boozad- My favorite non-american. His posts keep getting better!

Doiby Dickles- Larry is a great guy, gladly call him a friend.

Gator- Rick is my man crush, and who I wanna be like when I grow up. I however have sweeter hair!

Skinny White Boy- I miss Josh, work has kept our conversations at a minimum. Awesome guy all around.

Spider-Man On Tilt- John is a super guy. He backs his friends, and always has my back.

Bob Storms- Best dealer on earth. And all around nice guy.

Macman- Forrest is a great guy who I wish lived closer.

Mazzman77- Probably my only real friend left. Life sux when you get older, but at least I got someone to complain with.

Foolkiller, Namisgr, Arexcrooke, Bosco, Flaming Telepath, Brian R, Diggler. Some of my favorite people to converse with, some of the biggest contributing members here. I wish I had more to talk about with them.

Chainball- Brian hooked me up huge this year. I am so grateful, hopefully I make it up to him.

Being a new guy here there are a bunch of folks on the boards that have made

me feel welcome.

Mr. Diggler - For hooking me up with you guys (don't know if I should thank you or send my next mortgage bill to you.)

Elijah Snow, FineComics, GAtor, Capt. Comics and the rest of the folks I have met at some of the cons and have been cool contacts for information and sales.

Dudeman5000 for being a way cool Micronauts guy and fellow beer enthusiast!

bigfiver69 for the great conversation about War Comics. I look forward to conversing with you again.

BigDaddy for being a fellow Green Lantern fan and board friend!

catrick339,The Resurrection, GA collectibles, Creeps and to everyone else I have purchased anything from on these boards. It has been a great year.

If I left anyone out, thanks to you all. I have learned a great deal this year!!!

Happy Holidays!

Being a new guy here there are a bunch of folks on the boards that have made

me feel welcome.

Mr. Diggler - For hooking me up with you guys (don't know if I should thank you or send my next mortgage bill to you.)

Elijah Snow, FineComics, GAtor, Capt. Comics and the rest of the folks I have met at some of the cons and have been cool contacts for information and sales.

Dudeman5000 for being a way cool Micronauts guy and fellow beer enthusiast!

bigfiver69 for the great conversation about War Comics. I look forward to conversing with you again.

BigDaddy for being a fellow Green Lantern fan and board friend!

catrick339,The Resurrection, GA collectibles, Creeps and to everyone else I have purchased anything from on these boards. It has been a great year.

If I left anyone out, thanks to you all. I have learned a great deal this year!!!

Happy Holidays!

Thanks, and I enjoyed our conversations and the transactions were always smooth. Hope you have a great year J.

Pat-

I know I'll leave people off this, it's not intentional, I just have a wank memory. :foryou:

I won't go into explanations, you all know why you're here.

In no particular order:

F_T, The Resurrection, NewEnglandGothic, EvilAsh, Diggler, Dover, Jeffro, Rorrin Nadd, Dennis Hooker, Watson, gaz973, gaz2810i, songsaboutclouds, plitch, Comicopolis, goldust40, fingh, branget, filter81, Foolkiller, t3quila, DR.X, Mr Zipper, BeachBum, ashsaytr, trooper.

No doubt I'll update this as I remember more. Looks like I surpassed my limit. :eek: