• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why would he sign this??

46 posts in this topic

Show me a link :popcorn:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1552821&fpart=3

Specifically:

Quote:

Can I sign a book in front of a SS witness and get a signature label? eg. Signed by "My Name Here" on xx/xx/xx

what are the rules on that? actors/actresses can sign and get SS label, artists and creators who have nothing to do with a book can sign, etc.

Hugh Jackman can sign a Wolvie/X-Men book, Patrick Stewart can sign a Prof X/X-Men book, Branden Roth can sign a Supes comic, etc. Stan Lee can sign anything Marvel but most witnesses really do not get sigs from creators not associated with the books. It just doesn't make sense.

We did have Mr. Larson sign a Larson Pedigree book and gave it back to him (as a CGC Sig Series) when he was at our forum dinner in San Diego. Steven Colbert did some SS books for some spidey book that Peter David wrote him into this week, stuff like that is cool. But "SIGNED BY PAUL LITCH ON 2/26/07" on a Batman book makes no sense and we wouldn't do it. Now if it was a Green Lantern book...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1552821&fpart=3

Specifically:

Quote:

Can I sign a book in front of a SS witness and get a signature label? eg. Signed by "My Name Here" on xx/xx/xx

what are the rules on that? actors/actresses can sign and get SS label, artists and creators who have nothing to do with a book can sign, etc.

Hugh Jackman can sign a Wolvie/X-Men book, Patrick Stewart can sign a Prof X/X-Men book, Branden Roth can sign a Supes comic, etc. Stan Lee can sign anything Marvel but most witnesses really do not get sigs from creators not associated with the books. It just doesn't make sense.

We did have Mr. Larson sign a Larson Pedigree book and gave it back to him (as a CGC Sig Series) when he was at our forum dinner in San Diego. Steven Colbert did some SS books for some spidey book that Peter David wrote him into this week, stuff like that is cool. But "SIGNED BY PAUL LITCH ON 2/26/07" on a Batman book makes no sense and we wouldn't do it. Now if it was a Green Lantern book...

Read again

"""but most witnesses really do not get sigs from creators not associated with the books. It just doesn't make sense.""

That does not mean CGC wont slab it.

Just some witnesses wont go for it..

Specifically:

Quote:

Read again

"""but most witnesses really do not get sigs from creators not associated with the books. It just doesn't make sense.""

Read further:

******But "SIGNED BY PAUL LITCH ON 2/26/07" on a Batman book makes no sense and we wouldn't do it

CGC

The thing to consider is the shift that happened with Signature Series once the sketch cover was introduced. In that case, you have artists and creators "signing" a book on which they had nothing to do with. I think the sketch covers changed everything

Specifically:

Quote:

Read again

Read further:

******But "SIGNED BY PAUL LITCH ON 2/26/07" on a Batman book makes no sense and we wouldn't do it

Paul Litch is a CGC guy and I read that to mean they would never sign a a comic book not refuse to slab a book

Specifically:

Quote:

Read again

Read further:

Paul Litch is a CGC guy and I read that to mean they would never sign a a comic book not refuse to slab a book

Nah, it means exactly what it says - that CGC won't give a book a SS designation if it's signed by some random joe off the street. I'm not sure whether CGC would ever turn down a comic book creator signing a book he/she had no connection to, but I'm fairly certain that if I signed one of my Sandman books & sent it to CGC, it wouldn't get an SS designation.

The thing to consider is the shift that happened with Signature Series once the sketch cover was introduced. In that case, you have artists and creators "signing" a book on which they had nothing to do with. I think the sketch covers changed everything

I guess they had to start making exceptions when the blanks were introduced...but I still would love to know why Trimpe would sign a SW book...makes no sense.

Well, well, well, you could argue that Wolverine is a participant of the Secret Wars, and Trimpe participated in Wolverine's 1st appearance, so. . .?

...and Wolverine is Canadian, and they have Canadian Bacon, which is related to Kevin Bacon. :acclaim:

Not bad! lol

S-Man how do you account for all those Stan Lee and Joe Simon books being SS'd?

How do you account for celebrity signatures being SS'd?

CGC is a BUSINESS... true they will not honor some random dude off the street, why flood the slab lab with no name people. CGC get's backed up as it is, they don't need to start honoring random Joe's. Any "professional" can sign ANY book if you are willing to pay for it to get slabbed, why deny the business? No sweat off CGC's back to authenticate a silly book.

I've had Todd McFarlane's buddy "Al Simmons" sign Spawn books for example:

Spawn10CGCSS98.jpg[/img]

S-Man how do you account for all those Stan Lee and Joe Simon books being SS'd?

How do you account for celebrity signatures being SS'd?

CGC is a BUSINESS... true they will not honor some random dude off the street, why flood the slab lab with no name people. CGC get's backed up as it is, they don't need to start honoring random Joe's. Any "professional" can sign ANY book if you are willing to pay for it to get slabbed, why deny the business? No sweat off CGC's back to authenticate a silly book.

I've had Todd McFarlane's buddy "Al Simmons" sign Spawn books for example:

Spawn10CGCSS98.jpg[/img]

Does that slab REALLY say "Dave SimS"...????

:o

Unbelievable!

Ben, that is a hilariously awesome book!

And there are Stephen Colbert SS books out there? Who has them? I must know! :banana:

They got done at NYCC a few years back if I'm not mistaken. It was an extremely limited raffle situation.