• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man 55

24 posts in this topic

I read this thread from start to finish and my opinion is to hold the book. If the current trends with regards to high grade books continues then it will be a good long term investment. I know that's a big if, but I wouldn't mind taking a chance with a key book like this.

It has been hot lately, and certainly the ROI would be solid if you flipped it now since you only paid $200, but it's a solid book.

I don't think it's the first appearance of thanos though it may be the first full appearance since I believe Logan's Run #6 is the first appearance.

I read this thread from start to finish and my opinion is to hold the book. If the current trends with regards to high grade books continues then it will be a good long term investment. I know that's a big if, but I wouldn't mind taking a chance with a key book like this.

It has been hot lately, and certainly the ROI would be solid if you flipped it now since you only paid $200, but it's a solid book.

I don't think it's the first appearance of thanos though it may be the first full appearance since I believe Logan's Run #6 is the first appearance.

Nope Logan's run is much later and is only his 1st solo story.

Oh, I'm certain you can always get you investment back from a 9.6 IM # 55, especially if it was only $200 + slabbing costs.

I do think certain key bronzes are overvalued now, making it a seller's market. Sell the IM now and 5 yrs from now you should be able to pick it up at a more reasonable price.

But, from a collectors point of view, I'd say keep it, unless you plan on upgrading to 9.8. It's a high enough grade IMO to keep though, especially for that price.