• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

54 posts in this topic

Hmmm, Wolvie #1 9.8

That's a stellar book, always been one of my faves.

As for the PM situation, it's real easy. Read the PM, delete, move on to next one. Makes life real simple. I agree with the other poster that airing "dirty laundry" doesn't look good, for either party.

Good luck with the sales.

Congrats on the sale.

Why are you taking the problem with annoying private messages public anyways? Sounds like a matter between you and those sending the annoying pm's. Doesn't help to present yourself as a seller with whom someone would want to work.

Actually, I don't think it reflects badly on the seller at all.

Stating that people are harassing him via PM because he's not giving the book away for no profit is not a negative towards the seller it's a negative towards the person sending him the PM.

What the OP did here is a pretty effective way to get those types of PMs to stop and will make whomever is sending those PMs sweat a little bit given the amount of mess they will have to eat if their name is made public.

Sending a PM deriding a seller for trying to sell a book at a profit is an incredibly crass and immature negotiating tactic that I am sure the sender of the PMs would neither employ nor appreciate when they are selling instead of trying to buy.

I like a seller that won't take any via PM from the lowballers, and the guys that try to use tactics in private that they would be embarrassed to say in public.

Sounds like he wanted messages like that to stop, if it worked then it was well worth it and I give the OP kudos for the calling out without actually calling out.

Hmmm, Wolvie #1 9.8

That's a stellar book, always been one of my faves.

As for the PM situation, it's real easy. Read the PM, delete, move on to next one. Makes life real simple. I agree with the other poster that airing "dirty laundry" doesn't look good, for either party.

Good luck with the sales.

But he didn't out anybody, he's just airing it out so maybe others will stop hounding him on his business. If you don't like the price, move on.

By the way...good sale on the Conan #3 sir! (thumbs u

I like a seller that won't take any via PM from the lowballers, and the guys that try to use tactics in private that they would be embarrassed to say in public.

+1

I agree here Chris. Anyone has a right to price a book as they see. You have a choice of trying to negotiate with the seller or move on. If you choose to harass the seller then be prepared for whatever follows. When I get low ball insults on books I simply reply.................... :roflmao:. If that doesnt stop the whining I use a more direct approach.

DR.X

Yeah, I didn't think it was a big deal. I just wanted to stop a hundred people from Pming saying that I got the book cheap. I knew people on here especially would know that with GPA being used widely. I'm not going to lie, I saw Pms coming in so I thought I had interest in my books and was getting annoyed that it was just people letting me know they have GPA. No kidding, nearly everyone does.

+1

I agree here Chris. Anyone has a right to price a book as they see. You have a choice of trying to negotiate with the seller or move on. If you choose to harass the seller then be prepared for whatever follows. When I get low ball insults on books I simply reply.................... :roflmao:. If that doesnt stop the whining I use a more direct approach.

DR.X

I need to lowball you next time, just for the entertainment. hm

Yeah, I didn't think it was a big deal. I just wanted to stop a hundred people from Pming saying that I got the book cheap. I knew people on here especially would know that with GPA being used widely. I'm not going to lie, I saw Pms coming in so I thought I had interest in my books and was getting annoyed that it was just people letting me know they have GPA. No kidding, nearly everyone does.

I may be the only person here on the boards who doesn't have GPA lol

Hey sell it whatever the hell you want, if people dont like it, they dont have to buy it. To give you grief is retarded (thumbs u

I had a similar issue a few weeks ago. A seller on Ebay who is also a boardie was asking $700 BIN for a book i kind of wanted. recent GPA average was about $625 but i could see on GPA that the seller bought this books a few weeks ago for $375. I emailed him and he said his best offer was $625 which was GPA average and below the last sale. I emailed back that he got the book for $375 very recently and i was willing to do $500.

He responded back that he wouldnt go that low. Fair enough. I was hoping to get a deal since he got a great deal and would make a quick $125 for flipping a book he had less than a month. He didnt want to do it which was fine by me, no hard feelings whatsoever. Figured it was worth a shot.

Just because you got a deal on a book doesnt mean you have to sell it to me for another great deal and i certainly wouldnt give anyone "grief" over it.

I'm actually not surprised. There are a few board members who go out of their way to give people grief about the dumbest stuff. Just ignore them.

(thumbs u