• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm a Big Byrne Fan, but...

17 posts in this topic

WTF is going on here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2232176016

I have a few of these is super HG, and if this goes any higher, they may slide into the sub pile. Assuming it's not the "House Effect" at work, and I toss a 9.6 online and it sells for $10.

WTF is going on here?

I have a few of these is super HG, and if this goes any higher, they may slide into the sub pile. Assuming it's not the "House Effect" at work, and I toss a 9.6 online and it sells for $10.

Who knows JC I really like the cover though!

Davidking623

This is a SUPER book, and one of the undiscovered Bronze Age keepers. It ties into X-Men 98-100, with the Hulk, Iceman and Angel heading up to that same space station, fighting Sentinels, and discovering the final fate of Steven Lang.

Killer Byrne art, Hulk smashing Sentinels left and right, along with an early New X-Men tie-in.... How can you go wrong?

How about the price on this supercommon Byrne book? I seen it go for $19 not that long ago.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2231690731&category=32754&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBDW%3AIT&rd=1

I just bought #250 for 1.25 off ebay in NM condition!! Great book! thumbsup2.gif

WTF is going on here?

Davidking623

893whatthe.gifWhen I first looked at the cover I thought it was the Silver Surfer and the hand belonged to Galactus. foreheadslap.gif

This is a SUPER book, and one of the undiscovered Bronze Age keepers. It ties into X-Men 98-100, with the Hulk, Iceman and Angel heading up to that same space station, fighting Sentinels, and discovering the final fate of Steven Lang.

Killer Byrne art, Hulk smashing Sentinels left and right, along with an early New X-Men tie-in.... How can you go wrong?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I think I need to read that again... I know I have one. Hulk smashing Sentinels... memory foggy on that one.

yep! but it got the reader to buy the book. 893naughty-thumb.gifforeheadslap.gif

So then what your saying is CGC shouldn't have noted that on their label. I can't believe they noted that [!@#%^&^] but they didn't note ASM 136 as Harry's 1st app. as the Goblin on the copy I had.

but they didn't note ASM 136 as Harry's 1st app. as the Goblin on the copy I had.

First appearance of the Green Goblin...ASM 14. tongue.gif

Yeah, but issue 136 is the 1st time HARRY is the Goblin, not Norman. I think that it's more noteworthy than saying X-Men appearance in a book when it's not really them. Besides ASM 136 is noted in the guide like that and it's also broken out from the pack price wise.

but they didn't note ASM 136 as Harry's 1st app. as the Goblin on the copy I had.

First appearance of the Green Goblin...ASM 14. tongue.gif

Yeah, but issue 136 is the 1st time HARRY is the Goblin, not Norman. I think that it's more noteworthy than saying X-Men appearance in a book when it's not really them. Besides ASM 136 is noted in the guide like that and it's also broken out from the pack price wise.

stooges.gif