• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What were the most positive comic book 2010 moments?

33 posts in this topic

I am not sure what I would say as far as the industry as a whole, but I do have a few personal ones.

1. I finally shook off my collecting ADD and have a pretty solid focus to my collection. I look in my comic room now and am really happy at what I have put together, and love knowing there is some direction to what I am amassing.

2. Getting two OA pieces of mine professionally framed. I still pause and look at the pieces when I walk by them.

3. Getting my 4, now 5 year old son interested in comics. It started with Super Hero Squad, and then went from there. There are two comic shops in our town, and I have my subscriptions at one shop, and he has his at the other. The guys in there know him and he can't wait to go on Wednesday to "his" shop on new comic day. On the ride home he'll be flipping through the comics he got and I can hear him telling his own version of what is going on in each of the pictures.

(thumbs u

TFL getting himself banned in the best way possible.
Forgetting which account you are logged in on and accidentally outing your own shill. Priceless. :applause:

Thats gotta be the best of the year. :roflmao:

I have to admit, this was a classic. TFL's avatar bothered me to no end.

Watching TRmoore, Kryptospidey and many other board members finally get

those loser crooks off e-bay. Nice work you guys!! :applause: :applause:

Although very tragic hearing about Mike's house, I think it's a great way to

end 2010 with a very worthy cause on a fundraiser for a member in need. (thumbs u

And good riddance!! :boo::applause:

deadman & dove smooching :)

bruce coming back to life ...

Kyle coming back to life in BN

Guy becoming a red lantern and also uhm... returning to being a green lantern...

Lots of fun GL moments this year really ...

I duno There was some good stuff but its hard of me to think of a lot of it if any as "happy" moments since comics for the most part rely on death carnage & destruction to sell :S

Kinsey breaking up with dodge in locke & key made me smile any thing locke & key was great!

Seige had its moments ....

2010 sucked monkey balls.

A subject with which you're intimately familiar I presume?

:D

BTW, I've neither forgotten nor forgiven you for all the names you called me when I first joined this board. Of course I'm not one to shy away from frank exchanges of opinion myself so....

:gossip: You joined the boards a year before I did.

2010 sucked monkey balls.

A subject with which you're intimately familiar I presume?

:D

BTW, I've neither forgotten nor forgiven you for all the names you called me when I first joined this board. Of course I'm not one to shy away from frank exchanges of opinion myself so....

:gossip: You joined the boards a year before I did.

He must be psychic! :o

3. Getting my 4, now 5 year old son interested in comics. It started with Super Hero Squad, and then went from there. There are two comic shops in our town, and I have my subscriptions at one shop, and he has his at the other. The guys in there know him and he can't wait to go on Wednesday to "his" shop on new comic day. On the ride home he'll be flipping through the comics he got and I can hear him telling his own version of what is going on in each of the pictures.

(thumbs u

How things change. When I was a kid parents tried to keep us from comics because of their "corrupting" influence. Now of course you have video games that glorify car theft and kids turning to drugs including alcohol at ever earlier ages. Comics as a result seem to be a positive alternative, even the horror mags such as Creepy and Eerie.

:(

How things change. When I was a kid parents tried to keep us from comics because of their "corrupting" influence.

Exactly, and once any kid starts to have any kind of self-awareness apart from their parents, comics and other "parent hobbies" are dropped like a hot potato, and they move onto their *own* areas of interest.