• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best time of year to buy comics?

24 posts in this topic

We'll see in the Clink auction tonight.

A lot of books i'm looking at seem low at the moment but we'll see if they get up to where they normally are tonight or go a little cheaper being early January.

I'd agree with flying donut that January is a great time to buy because so many people are trying to 1) pay off Christmas bills, 2) refocus their comic collections (i.e. selling off books) and of course 3) competing buyers don't have the necessary funds because of Christmas spending.

However, I've noticed another good time to be a buyer in the year. Oddly it's around August and September of each year. Check out the Lyria Comic 35 index (midnight blue line). An index that tracks the sales of 35 key Bronze Age comics every quarter! You're notice that there is always a good buying opportunity right about the same time year after year.

LCE35Indicies9.png

Three shades of blue and no key! doh!:boo: