• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My 1st decent size SA submission

26 posts in this topic

Hopefully, i can get some of these sold before you find buyers for some of those ASM's you havent sold yet.

I have my eye on a few ;)

I dont suppose you'd be interested in a trade?

Turok 37 9.2 ow (biggest shocker, hoped for 9.6-9.8???)

Bummer, if it were a 9.6 or 9.8 I`d be all over it.

I was pretty surprised. I have about 25 Turok, DR. Solar and Magnus that i got from my LCS back in the early 90's. They are all pretty nice but this was the nicest in my mind and was the only one submitted from the batch. Behind the 8.5 CM2, i'm most interested to see what was wrong with this one to drop to a 9.2.

In hand, it looked the same as the 9.8 Iron Mans and CM's. I was positive it was a 9.4 at worst and was definitely hoping for a 9.6-9.8 (shrug)

I was pretty surprised. I have about 25 Turok, DR. Solar and Magnus that i got from my LCS back in the early 90's. They are all pretty nice but this was the nicest in my mind and was the only one submitted from the batch. Behind the 8.5 CM2, i'm most interested to see what was wrong with this one to drop to a 9.2.

In hand, it looked the same as the 9.8 Iron Mans and CM's. I was positive it was a 9.4 at worst and was definitely hoping for a 9.6-9.8 (shrug)

I think CGC grades Gold Keys and Dells tougher than they do Marvels and DCs. My various slabbed GK/Dell books consistently look better than the slabbed Marvels/DCs I`ve owned in the same grade.

I think CGC grades Gold Keys and Dells tougher than they do Marvels and DCs. My various slabbed GK/Dell books consistently look better than the slabbed Marvels/DCs I`ve owned in the same grade.

I concur. I only own about 20 slabbed Dells n GKs. They are all 9.2s -9.8s and I would safely say, over 65% of them, look way NICER than my Marvels in their equal grades hands down. I was always wondering if this was just me thinking the majority of Dells and GKs I subbed or bought slabbed, got graded during the end of the coffee pot or bad hair days.