• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My 1st decent size SA submission

26 posts in this topic

The grades arent "final" but they just emailed me the grades on my last submission and i'm pretty happy with most of them. I bought a collection about 8-9 years ago that ended up being not nearly as nice as advertised and had a few key plods. The main part of the collection was 4-5 copies each of Iron Man 1,2,3,4,5,8, and 9.

The 1,3 and 4's i already had graded mostly and were 9.0-9.6 range which was lower than advertised and lower than they looked so i was a little worried about these but they Iron Man's came back GOOD!

Heres the SA from the submission:

Avengers 55 9.6 ow/w(bought CHEAP on Ebay raw a few months ago)

Captain Marvel 2 9.6 ow(from collection 8 years ago)

Captain Marvel 2 8.5ow(from collection and looked EXACTLY same as other (shrug))

Captain Marvel 3 9.8 ow/w(from 2002 collection)

Captain Marvel 3 9.8 ow/w (same)

Captain Marvel 3 9.8 ow/w (ditto)

Captain Marvel 3 9.6 ow/w (ditto)

Daredevil 44 9.2 c/ow (from Ebay CHEAP but PQ is disappointing!)

Iron Man 8 9.0ow (from collection, thought 9.4???)

Iron Man 8 9.0 ow (same, oh well)

Iron Man 8 9.4 ow ( a little better!)

Iron Man 8 9.2 ow (oh well)

Iron Man 8 9.4 ow (better)

Iron Man 9 9.6w (from collection, :grin:)

Iron Man 9 9.6w( same)

Iron Man 9 9.8w ( :banana:)

Iron Man 9 9.8w ( (worship) )

TTA 100 9.2 ow/w (bought 15 years ago at LCS, wanted a 9.4)

Turok 37 9.2 ow (biggest shocker, hoped for 9.6-9.8???)

HOPEFULLY, none gets bumped down when they are finalized but pretty happy especially with the 4 Iron Man 9's! There were about 10 BA books, mostly ASM, that i thought were 9.4-9.6's that got 9.0-9.2's. Probably could have used a press since they are for my collection.

Captain Marvel 2 9.6 ow(from collection 8 years ago)

Captain Marvel 2 8.5ow(from collection and looked EXACTLY same as other (shrug))

Might be a dumb question but did you check the interior of that 8.5 Cap 2?

Yeah, i didn't do a page by page check but i leafed thru it. Not sure what happened since they didnt have the notes yet but there must have been some defect somewhere that i didnt catch???

I was only going to send in 1 of the #2's but couldnt decide between the two so i sent in both. Definitely wasnt expecting 1 to be a 9.6 and 1 an 8.5! lol

Nice! If you decide to get rid of any of those Iron Man's let me know. We live about 10 min from each other. :grin:

Thanks!

I definitely want to get rid of most of the Iron Man's to fill my other runs. I'm sitting on WAY too many slabbed Iron Man 1,3,4,8,and 9's at the moment considering how much work my other runs need!

I've got to get around to slabbing the Iron Man 2 and 5's but they are a little lower grade mostly so i didnt include them. The 2's are probably 8.5-9.2 range and the 5's maybe a little better.

Good stuff and congrats! Those two Iron man 9 is especially impressive. :applause:

Thanks! Only 3 9.8's in the census prior to these 2 i got. One of them i HOPED for a 9.9 (probably would have gotten it if i had known about pressing when i sent these in!) but i cant complain about 2 9.6w's and 2 9.8w's!!! :cool:

Not much info on GPA for a 9.8 #9. Only 1 sale back in 2006 so i have ZERO clue how i would price that (shrug)

The #9's were pretty sick in person. The #9 is the mostly white cover with Iron Man fighting an android Hulk. In person they were pretty SICK!!! Probably the nicest raw SA(just barely! lol ) books i've ever seen in person. I was praying for 3 9.8's and a 9.9 but would have been happy with all 9.6's.

I found the collection on Ebay back in 2002 but then the guy squeezed a few extra thousand out of me bidding me against what i'm convinced now was a non-existent bidder. I drove 4 hours to pick up the collection with a cashiers check and when i got there the collection wasnt nearly as nice as the scans he sent me. I still went thru with it but regretted it bigtime. I was so soured over the deal that i left the hobby until a few months ago.

Little did i know at the time that there would be 2 VERY successful Iron Man movies! ;)

According to the seller, it was an OO collection that he got a few years back from Indiana and he wanted to sell it now to buy a new car. The collection had Daredevil 1-75 with about 20 doubles, FF 35-80 with a few doubles, a bunch of random key and semi key books, and the 5 copies each of Iron Man 1,2,3,4,5,8 and 9. It also had 5 I'M and Subby 1's and the 4-5 captain marvel 2 and 3.

Unfortunately, the DD's and FF's are nowhere near as nice as the iron mans, mostly mid gradeish books.

oops, actually i messed that up. I had the price for 2 books switched. The Avengers 55 was actually $75 (thumbs u Still a damn good deal for a 9.6 ow/w.

With all the bad eBay sellers out there, i should give props to this seller. The DD44 and Avengers 55 came from the same seller, integritytrading613. Not sure if he is a boardie or not but his grading is GOOD.

He had the DD44 listed as 8.5, got it for $8 and the Avengers 55 listed as a 9.4. Both came back slabbed better than advertised so TWO (thumbs u for him as a eBay seller!

Congratulations on your submission.

Call CGC for the grader's notes. Invariably there is a defect that you missed (or something that you didn't realize would cause a significant deduction by CGC).

Thanks!

I'm guessing it had to be something inside the book since the outside

Was pretty flawless. I sent in 6 captain marvels and got 3 9.8's, 2 9.6's and then the 8.5. In hand, they all looked pretty close so I'll be interested to see what it was that knocked the one down so far.

I was pretty proud of myself with my predictions on grades this time around but was WAY off on that one. Would have guessed 9.4 minimum and I had them both marked down as 9.6's???