• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Page Quality on CGC Books

288 posts in this topic

This is defintitely an eye opening thread as I too held the page quality designation in high regard.

Thankfully I can now completely ignore it.

Next up; What in the world is the difference between a 9.2/9.4/9.6? Perhaps it is dependant on what phase the Moon is in? (shrug)

I thought it was common knowledge that it's who submits it..., :shrug:
Let's take that to the next level and suggest it is not necessarily who submits it, but rather what's in that sealed letter sized manila envelope that accompanies the books for submission, perhaps? hm

I pressed an 8.0 to a 9.6, 9.0 to 9.6, and a raw 6.0 to a 9.6. It all comes down to the book. All dont by Joeypost BTW.

Holy mess!! I know you are not lying, so that is just interesting to hear. Were they just rippled covers and backs or wavy with no color breaks? I have just never heard of such grade jumps from pressing. Joeypost.....U DA MAN!!

This is defintitely an eye opening thread as I too held the page quality designation in high regard.

Thankfully I can now completely ignore it.

Next up; What in the world is the difference between a 9.2/9.4/9.6? Perhaps it is dependant on what phase the Moon is in? (shrug)

I thought it was common knowledge that it's who submits it..., :shrug:
Let's take that to the next level and suggest it is not necessarily who submits it, but rather what's in that sealed letter sized manila envelope that accompanies the books for submission, perhaps? hm

The Declaration of Independence? A love letter to Borock? The Dead Sea Scrolls? Spell it out man, the tension is unbearable.

Granted he did press the book to get a 9.6

Still, you'd think an 8.0 would have flaws that just would never make it to 9.6.

What are the odds of having an 8.0 with 4 perfectly sharp corners, clean edges all the way around and no spine stress... the only thing wrong with it is a ton of non-colorbreaking bends? (shrug)

Maybe it had loose wraps and he pulled a Lauterbach and tucked them back under the staple?

Granted he did press the book to get a 9.6

Still, you'd think an 8.0 would have flaws that just would never make it to 9.6.

What are the odds of having an 8.0 with 4 perfectly sharp corners, clean edges all the way around and no spine stress... the only thing wrong with it is a ton of non-colorbreaking bends? (shrug)

Maybe it had loose wraps and he pulled a Lauterbach and tucked them back under the staple?

Wow... there is a blast from the past. Totally forgot about that "isolated incident." ;)