• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post all your Foreign Edition Comics!

57 posts in this topic

I kept meaning to get back to this thread but needed to find 'em first!

My folks took me to France in 1977 and while there I got these 3.

They're compilation books with reprinted and translated stories...

(The Strange books contain stories from Iron Man, DareDevil, Spiderman and The Eternals)

sm2.jpg

sm.jpg

st1.jpg

st2.jpg

Man whoever started this thread is going to regret it!!! It's taken me several years to come up with these and I've managed in some cases to complete full sets of these foreign runs.

Here we go - GI Joe (or in some cases Action Force as it's known in some coutries) around the world

Those G.I. Joe's are awesome!!!!! I love the original G.I. Joe series. Definitely got me into comics.

I remember buying the UK Action Comics books when I learned they continued the story from the US silent issue #21. One issues shows how Scarlet was captured by Storm Shadow and another has the confrontation between Destro and Storm Shadow afterwards. Non-canon of course, but they are pretty cool.

These are the ones I have in photobucket.

The Walking Dead #1 and #2, from the country of Serbia.

They are flip books with Invincible, and the back of #1 has a new Invinicible #1 cover. It's actually my Avatar.

SerbianWD1.jpg

01back3-11-101-1.jpg

Top Census for #2 :banana:

SerbianWD2.jpg

Denmark Norwegian Swedish

EPSON146-1.jpg

(Win action figures on the cover

Vind = Danish

Vinn = Norwegian

Vinna = Swedish)

Regardless, thats the swedish edition :) We did have 6 "Action Force" issues released here in Norway in 1988 but they look different, and this one reads "Satellit förlaget" which is swedish, too. You can look it up at http://www.comics.org/series/7883/

EPSON146-1.jpg

Vind = Danish

Vinn = Norwegian

Vinna = Swedish)

Regardless, thats the swedish edition :) We did have 6 "Action Force" issues released here in Norway in 1988 but they look different, and this one reads "Satellit förlaget" which is swedish, too. You can look it up at http://www.comics.org/series/7883/

(thumbs u

I have a horrible time telling the difference between the Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Denmark issues. I use the cover scans and lists on the YoJoe International Comic site http://www.yojoe.com/comics/international/

I can't promise they are right but they seem to have a good grasp of all them.

(I just bought a bunch from Finland and the Netherlands I'm expecting soon!!!)

I have a horrible time telling the difference between the Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Denmark issues. I use the cover scans and lists on the YoJoe International Comic site http://www.yojoe.com/comics/international/

Ah, I didnt know of this site, it seems they got it right at least! I can see how its hard to tell them apart. The prints are similar, and unless you can read the language...

Finland should be very similar to the swedish prints is my guess, but I dont think I've seen any of those in hand :) I have the full 31 issue Norwegian run in good quality, I'll probably slab it at some point. Not an easy run to get in the Fine to Very Fine range, even.

Ah, I didnt know of this site, it seems they got it right at least! I can see how its hard to tell them apart. The prints are similar, and unless you can read the language...

Finland should be very similar to the swedish prints is my guess, but I dont think I've seen any of those in hand :) I have the full 31 issue Norwegian run in good quality, I'll probably slab it at some point. Not an easy run to get in the Fine to Very Fine range, even.

If you have an extras I'd love to get them! I only have a couple of the Norwegian run.

When you get those slabbed I hope you show them off - I'd love to see them!

EPSON146-1.jpg

Vind = Danish

Vinn = Norwegian

Vinna = Swedish)

Thomas had the words right but it's "Vinn" instead of "Vinna" because the verb is in the imperative form. That's why he was fooled. Swedish editions also have a price marked in Finnish currency (they are sold here for the swedish speaking minority)

Btw many of these Nordic editions are printed at the same time/printer to save costs. Explains why they sometimes are almost identical.

I think I might have a couple of foreign books....

Here is 3 Marvel books that were tried in the mid 90s for the general public in Japan but didn't take off. I managed to find all the volumes made (1-17). These are 9, 10, 11. They got 3-4 stories each ...some X-Men, Gen X, Wolverine, Cable, ASM 300, AF 15, Uncanny X-men, and a Daredevil story....

MarvelX11.jpg

MarvelX10.jpg

MarvelX9.jpg