• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 6* Results

104 posts in this topic

I didn't check the census. Guessed a grade that wasn't there.

Me too, but that will be the last time that ever happens. If everyone is doing it, and the Contest Organizers endorse it, then it's not cheating.

It's not endorsed by the "Contest Organizers."

Or people could just grade the book in front of them and not be whiny little nits about this contest. For the record, I guessed 5.0. I thought there was a prize for the most undergraded attempts.

There is.

Me too, but that will be the last time that ever happens. If everyone is doing it, and the Contest Organizers endorse it, then it's not cheating.

Or people could just grade the book in front of them and not be whiny little nits about this contest. For the record, I guessed 5.0. I thought there was a prize for the most undergraded attempts.

The prize is when you sell raw books like you grade them here.

5.0 here too. :)

Almost like pressing hm

I hate this stuff

Graded it as a 5.5 :lol:

Even saw the census 7.0 and indicated I was ignoring that fact.

I also gave it a 5.5 :mad: I never in a million years would have guessed 7.0.

7.0 is FINE TO VERY FINE .... :mad::mad::mad::sumo:

Ok....I'm over it.... :angel:

+1 :censored:

I hate this stuff

+2 (shrug)

I'm truly and completely bewildered at CGC's call. I would challenge anyone to find a book in a 7.0 slab that looks as beat as this one.

In every round someone or another references the Nik bump. Would someone explain what that means? I really do not know.

We used to joke around that Nik's books would get a better grade than anyone else who submitted books to CGC. It became known as the "Nik bump".

I hate this stuff

+2 (shrug)

I'm truly and completely bewildered at CGC's call. I would challenge anyone to find a book in a 7.0 slab that looks as beat as this one.

I am too and I can only think that either

1) the scans are not showing the books properly (not intentionally, just the type of scanner it is) or...

2) CGC is throwing us a curve on purpose.

In every round someone or another references the Nik bump. Would someone explain what that means? I really do not know.

We used to joke around that Nik's books would get a better grade than anyone else who submitted books to CGC. It became known as the "Nik bump".

Well Nik is looking down on us and laughing,cause the Nik bump is alive and well.A 5.5 in a 7.0 slab,really!

It doesn't exist.

Prove it :sumo:

I believe the results prove otherwise. hm

hm