• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the best series of all time?

121 posts in this topic

Batman. Continuity from the GA to present, every era represented, some of the greatest stories and characters, well known across the world, and still continuing today.

Seriously? What about the 60s?

The New Look books from 1964--65 are good. And the art was great from '64 on.

I think you'll be hard pressed to find a better superhero run than the first 100 issues of Fantastic Four. To me, that's the best. It had everything, art, story, originality and it has withstood the test of time.

+10

:screwy: x10

Really? Really??

29-1.jpg56-1.jpg93-3.jpg

Show me FF issues from that time period :baiting:

Batman was still going LONG after Timely and Atlas folded. Think about that.

Batman. Continuity from the GA to present, every era represented, some of the greatest stories and characters, well known across the world, and still continuing today.

Are you talking the 50's you old fart. The 60s gave us the new look, Neal Adams, the Infantino stuff looked great. I mean, really? :screwy:

Are you talking the 50's you old fart. The 60s gave us the new look, Neal Adams, the Infantino stuff looked great. I mean, really? :screwy:

So you admit the 50's sucked?

:devil:

So you admit the 50's sucked?

:devil:

It was better then what Marvel was doing.

I think you'll be hard pressed to find a better superhero run than the first 100 issues of Fantastic Four. To me, that's the best. It had everything, art, story, originality and it has withstood the test of time.

+10

x10

I'd go with Detective over Batman. You get the first appearance, Slam Bradley in the early issues, early Martian Manhunter, Aquaman stories to laugh at, and in the last 40 years, some O'Neil/Adams stories, Batgirl backups, first appearance of the one true Batgirl, the Englehart/Rodgers run, and recently, a great Dini run along with a great Batwoman run.

I'd go with Detective over Batman. You get the first appearance, Slam Bradley in the early issues, early Martian Manhunter, Aquaman stories to laugh at, and in the last 40 years, some O'Neil/Adams stories, Batgirl backups, first appearance of the one true Batgirl, the Englehart/Rodgers run, and recently, a great Dini run along with a great Batwoman run.
I would love to agree, but the past few years it seems the Batman popular is much more popular. Plus the past year of Detective with the Batwoman have stunk, I really labored through that run. Right now, I am back to enjoying the book.

I think that the EC New Trend books published from 1950-55 are the best group of comics in history overall. They had few recurring characters, so I don't know if you can call it a "series", but they are still great to read today.