• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Storing Your Modern Comics

28 posts in this topic

I remember the days when I would just pick a copy off the rack, go home and read it, then put it in a bag and long box. Life was a lot easier then.

I think the long term health of comic book collecting would be better if more people who bought comics were still doing this. Especially the reading part 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Have modern bags changed in size over the years? I have a package of modern age bags (Ultra Pro), and they are about 1/8" wider than the bags my other comics are in, which were bagged a few years ago. Maybe I got a bad batch? Not quite silver size, but noticeably wider than previous modern bags. And, not as clear. Kind of hazy.

I have a package of modern age bags (Ultra Pro), and they are about 1/8" wider than the bags my other comics are in, which were bagged a few years ago. Maybe I got a bad batch?

Ultra Pro is one of the few companies who aren't "maximizing profits" by slowly shrinking their comic bag sizes, and saving cash. Generic Modern bags are barely able to fit a comic into these days, and don't get me going on Generic Silver. 893frustrated.gif

Comic boards are the same way, and many companies are shaving a quarter-inch here and there, obviously hoping to supply less cardboard for the same money. Last time I ordered Ultra Pro, I got the bags, but some other brand of Silver boards, and they were a good 3/4" thinner. tonofbricks.gif

If I'm buying low-cost supplies, Ultra Pro is the only way to go, as I know that my books will fit in with no long-term storage damage.