• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #1 in CL Auction

82 posts in this topic

I have never seen a .5 copy with extensive restoration (and with a 9.4 cover to boot).

If extensive raises a book 5-6 grades, what was this book beofre restoe? a cgc minus 5.5 ?

Maybe the missing centerfold guarantees the .5 grade?

see this is what I thought. I wonder what it would grade if you could find a centerfold. hm

I called in to get the graders notes. I spoke to someone who recalled the book and handled it. The book has more going on in the inside pages then what the label states. The cover is definetely extensive resto. If your a serious buyer, I suggest you get the graders notes to help you price out this book. But its still an Action #1.

Will there be any graders note to obtain by phone from florida if the book is extensive?

The seller was one wrap away from a complete copy. Shame he couldn't locate a centerfold. Anybody out there with one will bid this to the moon.

Book looks to be extensively restored to a very nice eye appeal with a copied centerfold.

Somewhere between $50-100K I'd guess. Rough guess, I know. :insane:

I personally think the low end of your estimate is the high end possibility for this book. The court copy had no bids two heritage auctions ago for six figures (although it did in the last one). Of course, I am a horrific gambler.

The seller was one wrap away from a complete copy. Shame he couldn't locate a centerfold. Anybody out there with one will bid this to the moon.

Book looks to be extensively restored to a very nice eye appeal with a copied centerfold.

Somewhere between $50-100K I'd guess. Rough guess, I know. :insane:

I personally think the low end of your estimate is the high end possibility for this book. The court copy had no bids two heritage auctions ago for six figures (although it did in the last one). Of course, I am a horrific gambler.

I'd say 45K max :sumo:

Could someone be so nice as to inform me how an extensively restored book with a 9.4/9.6 cover can receive a .5 grade ?

I'm completely lost here :(

What would the grade of this book have been before the restoe ... hm

Could someone be so nice as to inform me how an extensively restored book with a 9.4/9.6 cover can receive a .5 grade ?

as nearmint stated I think it's the missing centerfold that makes it grade a .5

Also, it mentions there is a piece (doesn't state how big but does effect the story) missing out of pages 19 through 26 . I would think that would kill the grade as well

0.5 b/c

I n

N eed of

C enterfold

O therwise

M int

PL us

E ven

T hough

E xtensive resto.

0.5 b/c

I n

N eed of

C enterfold

O therwise

M int

PL us

E ven

T hough

E xtensive resto.

:applause:

0.5 b/c

I n

N eed of

C enterfold

O therwise

M int

PL us

E ven

T hough

E xtensive resto.

You cheated with the PL.

(tsk)

Otherwise, Brilliant!

I never get too excited about an Action #1 but I can't even register a pulse on this one, looks too fake, a major frakenbook.

I guess Matt and I should take that as.... a compliment?

(shrug)

:blush:

I never get too excited about an Action #1 but I can't even register a pulse on this one, looks too fake, a major frakenbook.

I guess Matt and I should take that as.... a compliment?

(shrug)

:blush:

Was it Classics Inc. that did this one?

0.5 b/c

I n

N eed of

C enterfold

O therwise

M int

PL us

E ven

T hough

E xtensive resto.

Wow - you slick with them alphabet-signs ... (thumbs u

This is the best picture I can find of the copy I had in the early 90s. It was missing the CF.

So what say your sleuths? Is this the copy?

mm0055-2.jpg

At first glance I was going to say yes as the C'link copy in the lower corner seems to have some work done to it but then I looked at the side to side wrap seems to be different. The C'link copy seems to be wrapped more to the left.

Butch's elbow meets the spine at a different point and the two rocks on the right also are cut different on the two copies.

This is the best picture I can find of the copy I had in the early 90s. It was missing the CF.

So what say your sleuths? Is this the copy?

mm0055-2.jpg

At first glance I was going to say yes as the C'link copy in the lower corner seems to have some work done to it but then I looked at the side to side wrap seems to be different. The C'link copy seems to be wrapped more to the left.

Butch's elbow meets the spine at a different point and the two rocks on the right also are cut different on the two copies.

Right you are sir. They are not the same books.